23 Sep

Candy-Corn-Inspired Halloween Decor

Candy Corn Inspired Halloween Decor

Hi, everyone. It’s Amy Belle Isle, from stem parties, and I promise that no paper lanterns were harmed or even used in this guest blog post. (If you’ve seen any parties I’ve done that Jenn has posted, you know how hard that was for me.) In fact, this guest post was almost an entire post about ways to use those bad boys. Instead, I’m keeping it seasonal and featuring a few ways to work with the controversial Candy Vegetable of the Gods: Candy Corn.

Love it or hate it, there’s no denying it looks festive! Here are just a few ideas:

***

Serving Trays
The two versions of serving trays pictured a use inexpensive acrylic box frames, candy corn, tape and ribbon. That’s it!

The cupcake tray is simply one frame filled with candy and topped off with the party food of your choice. This could work for anything that is in an individual dish or wrapper. Shot glasses filled with chilled pumpkin soup, anyone?

The drink tray could be used to give some height and pizzazz to anything you’re serving. I’d steer clear of anything too hot on the surface though. Simply take two acrylic box frames, fill one with candy, line the edges of the other one on top of it, put a few pieces of double-sided tape to secure the two together and then run ribbon of your choice along the tape to “hide” the seam. Voila!

You can hot glue the two frames together but I like to encourage tape so you can reuse them. Just think of all the ways and themes in which you can use this idea by changing the items you place inside!

***

Party Favors:

Candy Corn Inspired Halloween Decor

I love the look of acrylic obviously. It just makes everything look a little more modern. Even though I don’t love candy corn in my mouth on its own, I do love it mixed with peanuts. Give me salty-sweet any day. Am I right, ladies? Fill the boxes with the mixture, tie with ribbon, add a tag and let your guests know that you’re glad they took time out of the busy holiday season to join you.

***

Floral Accents
The simple arrangement I made here is made by placing a small cylinder vase inside a larger one and then adding candy corn in the gap between the two. Fill the smaller vase with water, pick the flowers of your choice and add a few twigs to give it an extra touch of autumn. I’ve adorned this one with some ribbon for that extra touch.

Candy Corn Inspired Halloween Decor

Candle Accents
Shy of buying these adorable candles from Plum Party, nothing could be easier than filling various sizes and shapes of candle holders and vases with some candy corn and placing a candle inside. Give it a glow!

***

Invitations
{pictured at top} How cute are these Classic Candies party invitations (starring our treat of choice!), and Candy Corn Halloween Cards from tiny prints?!

***

Not enough ideas yet?
• Fill various sizes of cylinder or square vases with candy corn for a simple and chic display.
• Completely cover inexpensive frames of all shapes and sizes with glued on candy corn and make a seasonal focal wall with them.
• Use branches from your yard or the craft store and cover the branches with glued on candy corn. Place inside a vase to make an interesting centerpiece.

***

Hopefully these simple ideas will inspire you to look at candy corn, as well as other small seasonal items, in a new way. Just don’t blame me if you make yourself sick dipping into your new “décor” as you go.

Thanks, Jenn, for asking me to guest post and for giving yourself a much-deserved chance to exhale and do the 153 other things you are doing right now. You inspire us all!

You might also like

Sorry, no posts found

19Comments

denise SAYS:

Love these ideas! I am going to go out today and get some acrylic frames to use in my Halloween decor – this idea is brilliant.

Reply September 23, 2008 at 8:20 am

susan SAYS:

These ideas are adorable! I want Halloween to be here NOW!! :)

Reply September 23, 2008 at 8:36 am

Michelle SAYS:

Love the candy corn with the candles. Adorable!

Reply September 23, 2008 at 8:48 am

Joanna SAYS:

These ideas are so cute and festive!! I especially love the vase with the coordinated Gerbera Daisies! Thanks for sharing!

Reply September 23, 2008 at 9:35 am

http://pumpkinpetunia.blogspot.com/ SAYS:

LOVE candy corn – how it looks, how it tastes (well, the first couple anyway. but that doesn’t stop me from making myself sick eating them). So much so that I have to ban myself from any candy corn thoughts until at least October 1st. Then it’s my birthday month and all bets are off! So evil of you to draw my attention to them while we’re still in September.

Your ideas are fantastic. Off to my party closet to pull out all things acrylic!

Reply September 23, 2008 at 10:01 am

http://swankytables.blogspot.com/ SAYS:

Love the drink trays and vases, too darn cute!

Reply September 23, 2008 at 12:33 pm

Natalie at FLHomeBlog SAYS:

I enjoyed this post! I’ve got my own candy corn decor going on…well…not so much decor…more of a halloween themed zip top plastic bag full of it sitting next to my laptop…well….not so much full, but as half full at this point…:)

Reply September 23, 2008 at 12:36 pm

http://sweet-low.blogspot.com/ SAYS:

so candy corn might be one of my favorite things about this holiday. so of course this post made me smile :)

Reply September 23, 2008 at 2:30 pm

http://notthesamein2008.blogspot.com/ SAYS:

Oooh, I just stumbled across your website, and I love it!! It’s so wonderfully inspiring with all it’s bright colours and gorgeous party ideas… I may just spend the rest of the day here!!
Keep up the great work!
Bessings,
Juliet.

Reply September 23, 2008 at 6:19 pm

jenn s. SAYS:

Thanks for the sweet comment, Juliet! You’re welcome to spend as much time here are you want! ;)

And Amy – thanks so much for the fabulous post. You’re a creative genius as always! :)

Jenn

Reply September 23, 2008 at 8:11 pm

Tammy SAYS:

Love the look of this. I fill a hurricane with candy corns every year…looks like I’m going to have to find ore fun things to fill this year!! :)

Reply September 24, 2008 at 9:15 am

Fun Finds For Mom SAYS:

Thanks for the tips! I’m a candy corn lover myself, and just found (and wrote about) some Giant Candy Corn Lollipops that would be perfect for party decor or favors. Here’s the link: http://www.funfindsformom.com/blog/giant-candy-corn-lollipops

Reply September 24, 2008 at 2:18 pm

http://papermonkeyinvites.wordpress.com/ SAYS:

Oh how I love candy corn. We always have some on hand during this time of year. My husband and I will just sit and snack on it till we’re sick.

Reply September 25, 2008 at 3:36 pm

http://munchkinsandmayhem.blogspot.com/ SAYS:

This is an absolutely gorgeous idea. I posted a link to here on my children’s party planning blog last week

Reply October 6, 2008 at 8:29 am

Sheryl SAYS:

LOVE the black paper chandelier with the bats – anyone know where to find it?

Reply October 9, 2008 at 1:02 pm