Sweets 08.27.08

Think you’ve seen it all?

smock paper letterpress stationery

Think again! How creative are these cupcake burgers (or maybe “burger cupcakes”, as a reader pointed out) by cupcakequeen?!  Your vegetarian friends might even bite! Serve these up at your Labor Day BBQ this weekend…and be prepared for the compliments to come rolling in!

15 responses to “Think you’ve seen it all?”

1. Sara says:

oh my gosh! it took me a second to even register what these were – they look so burger-like! How creative!!

2. hmm, wouldn’t they technically be burger cupcakes?

3. jenn s. says:

that might make more sense… ;)

4. Love these! Will do my best to recreate them for my husband’s birthday party cookout later in September. Wouldn’t brownies (cut out with round cookie cutters) be yummy as the patty? Maybe that’s what is used in the photo?

5. I love these! They would be perfect for any cookout! Fabulous!

6. jenn s. says:

Love the idea of using brownies as the “patty”, Jenn! That would be a little firmer than cake – It actually does look like that’s what’s used in the photo to me too :)

7. Rebecca says:

These are so clever! What a creative concept for a cupcake!

8. Melissa says:

These look amazing! They don’t look like cupcakes at all, but I bet they taste great!

Melissa

9. HWTM on KCRA: Labor Day Party Ideas | PartyNGo.com says:

[…] above: Since we were totally pressed for time yesterday, my mom & I created these cute little hamburger cupcakes the fastest way we could think of: by using all ready-made ingredients.  I bought white cupcakes […]

10. Emily says:

These are so creative! I love finding cool ideas for cupcakes and these are such a great idea for a BBQ too. I am going to make note of this post. :)

11. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these! Can’t wait to try making them. Such a clever idea.

12. […] picture from Flickr by Cupcake Queen. HWTM’s Blog is where I saw the lovely cupcakes […]

13. Ann says:

The sure look cute but won’t the get dry awfully quickly?