14 Aug

REAL PARTIES: Wii Bowling Tournament

Wii Bowling Tournament Party

From the second i laid eyes on the ultra-creative “bowling lane table runner” pictured above, I knew this Wii Bowling Tournament was going to be a fun party to check out! Even better, the party’s hostess with the mostess: Robin Chowaniec put the tournament together as a mini fundraiser for the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life.

Wii Bowling Tournament Party

Read on for more for more info on all the creative details – from Wii controller candy dispenser favors to Margamiitas and Mowiitos – straight from Robin herself!

“To get my husband more involved with Relay, I formed a team named: Team Wii Fight Cancer.  The bowling tournament seemed like a good excuse to have friends over to play the Wii, eat and raise a couple hundred $$ for ACS.”

Pictured above: (Image 1) The table runner was a kitchen cabinet liner that looked like bamboo with red masking tape added for foul line and cut for direction arrows. The plastic bowling pins & ball are from Oriental Trading Company. (Image 2) I glazed a handful of dense pound cake cubes to look like Wii remote controls, then used a frosting pen to duplicate power and home logos.

Below: a “Team Wii” sign made from cardstock:

Wii Bowling Tournament Party

For easy Caprese Salad on a Stick appetizers, I stuck the sticks into halved mini watermelons with printed Mii’s of those attending amongst the food:

Wii Bowling Tournament Party

I found *mini Wii remote candy dispensers at Walgreens, just repackaged in clear cellophane bags for favors:

Wii Bowling Tournament Party

Margaritas and Mojitos were labeled as “Margamiitas” and “Mowiitos” for more Wii friendly atmosphere:

Wii Bowling Tournament Party

Evite had a Wii Sports themed invite:

Wii Party Evite

Other things to note:
Etch-it Cups from Celebrate Express were a big hit.
• We used a mini white board to keep track of top 4 scores.
• Top score got mini plastic trophy from Party City and a restaurant gift card.

Thanks so much for the inspiration, Robin! I can already think of a bunch of my own Wii-addicted friends who will love all these ideas!

*Note – I had a hard time finding a good place online to purchase Wii Remote Candy Dispensers, but there were a couple on ebay, and someone on Yahoo! Answers said they’ve seen them at Cost Plus, and then Robin found hers at Walgreens, so maybe they’re more of an in-store thing…but if anyone knows of any good places online, please share!

You might also like

Sorry, no posts found

wedding-palindrome-wedding SAYS:

Hi folks, I finally threw the wii/mii party for my nephew and as promised I posted pictures on my blog. It was such a fun party- Thanks for all the wonderful ideas! http://wedding-palindrome-wedding.blogspot.com/2008/12/wiimii-partii-time.html

Reply December 7, 2008 at 8:43 pm

Wilco SAYS:

Hey there, cool stuff. We want to setup some sort of Wii tourny for a fund raiser as well. I am curious about HOW you make it a fund raiser? Any insight would be appreciated.

Reply January 3, 2009 at 1:38 pm

Tammy SAYS:

Where did you get the Mill’s that you put with the food? I cannot find out how to print them out?

Reply January 9, 2009 at 6:35 am

Rosa SAYS:

Wii parties are lots of fun for all ages. Come check us out at http://www.wiipartiescfl.com

Reply January 15, 2009 at 7:18 am

Pumpkin Petunia SAYS:

Thanks so much for the inspiration! When my 10 year old son came to me requesting this exact theme for his party, I remembered this post and knew it would be a piece of cake!

Check out our spin on this theme here: http://pumpkinpetunia.blogspot.com/2009/01/wiiiiiiiiiiii-party-recap.html

Reply January 23, 2009 at 11:37 am

I am trying to set up a Wii bowling league or tennis league. I have no clue as to how to make it fun with prizes etc. We are a bunch of “young” 50 year old ladies! Any ideas?

Reply February 6, 2009 at 8:12 pm

Donna SAYS:

How can i organize a wii bowling tournament as a HIV fundraiser. I want to have two college student groups competing

Reply February 10, 2009 at 2:08 pm

Maureen SAYS:

I love this. what did you use to keep score? Is there a free printalbe sheet ? Is there a free printalbe for the miis?

Reply February 12, 2009 at 8:25 pm

Krissy SAYS:

The wii candy dispensers are also at Rite Aid. Our Rite Aid had them on the “impulse buy” rack for 1.99 each. Thanks for all the great ideas!

Reply March 21, 2009 at 7:57 pm

amy SAYS:

hello- I am interested in having a wii tournament at our senior center. We’re just getting going with this idea and I’m not sure where to start. I love the decoration ideas and will use them for our tournament but I have some other technical questions. We have a wii, do I need to purchase any additional software in order to have multiple players? If so, where do I go to do this? I think it will be a great party, I just need a little help getting started if you have the time.

Reply April 9, 2009 at 10:46 am

Becca SAYS:

This is awesome! I’m planning a Wii bowling tournament as a fundraiser for my 3day breast cancer walk – the information that you have provided here will be invaluable to me during my planning! thanks!!

Reply May 11, 2009 at 10:43 am

Teresa SAYS:

You can rent Wii’s at Best Buy’s. Hope this helps

Reply May 13, 2009 at 6:07 am

Jaznel SAYS:

Can people play from home online as well?

Reply August 5, 2009 at 2:59 pm

Susan SAYS:

How did you raise money? Did you charge the guest to participate? How many people did you have and how much did you charge?

Reply August 12, 2009 at 11:32 am

sharon SAYS:

I love this wii party idea, I am going to use some of the ideas for my son 13 year old birthday party.

But do anyone no how to print the mii?

Reply September 7, 2009 at 4:21 pm