[21-Jul-2018 10:04:40 CST6CDT] PHP Fatal error: Class 'Walker_Nav_Menu' not found in /home/jenni123/public_html/wp-content/themes/hwtm/lib/functions/walker.php on line 14 [21-Jul-2018 10:04:47 CST6CDT] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function add_filter() in /home/jenni123/public_html/wp-content/themes/hwtm/lib/functions/html.php on line 22 [21-Jul-2018 10:05:29 CST6CDT] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function remove_filter() in /home/jenni123/public_html/wp-content/themes/hwtm/lib/functions/util.php on line 48 [21-Jul-2018 10:06:12 CST6CDT] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function add_action() in /home/jenni123/public_html/wp-content/themes/hwtm/lib/functions/slider.php on line 33 [21-Jul-2018 10:06:45 CST6CDT] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function add_action() in /home/jenni123/public_html/wp-content/themes/hwtm/lib/functions/wordpress.php on line 80 REAL PARTIES: Wii Bowling Tournament // Hostess with the Mostess®

Theme Parties 08.14.08

REAL PARTIES: Wii Bowling Tournament

Wii Bowling Tournament Party

From the second i laid eyes on the ultra-creative “bowling lane table runner” pictured above, I knew this Wii Bowling Tournament was going to be a fun party to check out! Even better, the party’s hostess with the mostess: Robin Chowaniec put the tournament together as a mini fundraiser for the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life.

Wii Bowling Tournament Party

Read on for more for more info on all the creative details – from Wii controller candy dispenser favors to Margamiitas and Mowiitos – straight from Robin herself!

***

“To get my husband more involved with Relay, I formed a team named: Team Wii Fight Cancer.  The bowling tournament seemed like a good excuse to have friends over to play the Wii, eat and raise a couple hundred $$ for ACS.”

Pictured above: (Image 1) The table runner was a kitchen cabinet liner that looked like bamboo with red masking tape added for foul line and cut for direction arrows. The plastic bowling pins & ball are from Oriental Trading Company. (Image 2) I glazed a handful of dense pound cake cubes to look like Wii remote controls, then used a frosting pen to duplicate power and home logos.

Below: a “Team Wii” sign made from cardstock:

Wii Bowling Tournament Party

For easy Caprese Salad on a Stick appetizers, I stuck the sticks into halved mini watermelons with printed Mii’s of those attending amongst the food:

Wii Bowling Tournament Party

I found *mini Wii remote candy dispensers at Walgreens, just repackaged in clear cellophane bags for favors:

Wii Bowling Tournament Party

Margaritas and Mojitos were labeled as “Margamiitas” and “Mowiitos” for more Wii friendly atmosphere:

Wii Bowling Tournament Party

Evite had a Wii Sports themed invite:

Wii Party Evite

Other things to note:
Etch-it Cups from Celebrate Express were a big hit.
• We used a mini white board to keep track of top 4 scores.

***

Thanks so much for the inspiration, Robin! I can already think of a bunch of my own Wii-addicted friends who will love all these ideas!

*Note – I had a hard time finding a good place online to purchase Wii Remote Candy Dispensers, but there were a couple on ebay, and someone on Yahoo! Answers said they’ve seen them at Cost Plus, and then Robin found hers at Walgreens, so maybe they’re more of an in-store thing…but if anyone knows of any good places online, please share!

60 responses to “REAL PARTIES: Wii Bowling Tournament”

1. http://mommyhoodinc.blogspot.com/ says:

This is such a great idea. I been trying to think of something unique to do for my husband’s 40th birthday. THIS IS IT!!!!! Thanks so much!

Now the big question…where do I rent a Wii?

2. denise says:

What a fun theme. You put together a darling party and helped a worthwhile cause – great work!

3. jenn s. says:

The best place to check for rentals is your local video store like Blockbuster…or maybe even borrow from a close friend.

OR – you could make the Wii your husband’s b-day gift and keep it ;) Chances are good that you’ll want to keep playing once you start…and you can also use it to surf the web on your TV because it has built-in wireless internet capabilities (or you can plug it in)- and you can get a web browser for it for a couple bucks.

You can also download old-school Nintendo games onto the Wii like Super Mario Bros, Frogger, Tecmo Bowl, etc. for a more “nostalgic” gaming experience, as my husband puts it :)

4. How fun! I so want to go to this party!

5. ajaschke says:

What a great Idea for a great cause, there are so many other great games that you could expand on…golf, racing, etc.

6. I adore this party! The table runner is fantastic! I love how well thought the theme is and how well it is incorporated into every detail of the party! Fantastic!

7. http://maritessb.blogspot.com/ says:

this is one of the best theme yet! i’m doing it for my husband birthday as well!

8. Amanda says:

This is a fabulous idea, does anyone know how to print out their mii like that? Can you email your mii to a computer?

I think I know what our next party theme will be!

9. Robin says:

So glad everyone likes it. The party was fun…perfect for all ages. Unfortunately you can’t email your mii to a computer. I’ll go find the website we used to create the mii’s and post it here.

10. Robin says:

Here’s a couple of websites that will make the mii’s into jpegs. The second one makes tshirts! ah, I’ll have to remember that for next time.

11. mkhertzel says:

What a great idea! Everyone loves food. Combine that with a little Wii bowling, some cocktails, and raising money for a good cause and you’ve got a party that can’t be beat!!

I love the mini-Wii remote candy dispensers. And the drink names are adorable (as well as very creative!)!! Where did you come up with them?

12. Meg says:

I must have those Wii remote candy dispensers!
    I am also doing a fundraiser using my Wii, only with Mario Kart. It is for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. These are the perfect touch!
    I hope someone can help find them online, as I have neither a Walgreens or a Cost Plus near me.

13. Robin says:

I went searching and only found one site where you could purchase online and of course they are on back order. Sorry.

I love the Mario Kart idea though. Maybe I’ll have a 2nd fundraiser as my Relay isn’t for a little while.

14. Meg says:

Okay I found some on amazon.

I hope the link works!

And I recommend the Mario Kart or a Mario Party 8 fundraiser. Anything with a Wii is fun!

15. Oh my goodness I just LOVE this! I know so many people that would go crazy for a party like this. And, kudos to Robin for doing it all for a good cause!

16. this is wonderful! we just had our wii-lympics fundraiser party on 08.08.08, coinciding with the opening ceremony in beijing. check it out on my blog: moderneve.blogspot.com

also, in regards to the party favors you had – you can find them at CVS as well as Toys R US.

another idea our these adorable mii chocolats. available at:

17. Stacy says:

This is a fantastic idea and so creative. I would have loved to have been there and to have had a mowiito.

Thanks for sharing,
    Stacy

18. Kate says:

I love this!! I am definitely making note of this and throwing one of these soon. In the meantime, I am busy trying to think up ides for a medical themed party for someone about to go into hospital for an operation on both his feet which will have him laid up for months – any help or ideas would be gratefully received!!!!

19. dee says:

this is such a great idea, its brilliant! its so creative i think i will have to try get my university to run a wii-lympics as a fundraiser! i especially love the idea of the miis printed out! welldone!