27 Aug

REAL PARTIES: It’s a Twin Thing

twins baby shower

When I posted this baby shower idea last month, inspired by these adorable Thing 1 and Thing 2 onesies, I thought it was a fun idea, but Amy from Stem Parties truly knocked it out of the park! They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so I’ll just let you see for yourself…

twins baby shower

Seriously…how fun is this theme?!  So vibrant and colorful…and totally unexpected! If you don’t have a friend expecting twins but would still love to use this concept for a baby shower, I’m thinking you could just call it a Cat in the Hat baby shower – or kids birthday party – and use the same overall decorative ideas, with a few cat & goldfish-themed additions.

twins baby shower

Head over to Amy’s blog for more details. Great job, Amy – as always!

P.S. Here’s a cute Thing 1 and Thing 2 Plush Set that would be a cute decorative addition/gift for mom-to-be.

And FYI – Lots more real parties are coming your way in September – there are a slew of them in the pipeline!

24Comments

Kim O. SAYS:

OMG, so cute! Now I have to hope that someone I know gets pregnant with twins so I can steal this idea! Thanks for sharing:-)

August 27, 2008 at 3:51 pm

lindsey SAYS:

That is just adorable! What a cute and creative idea for a shower.

{ Lindsey }

August 27, 2008 at 4:38 pm

http://theblissfulbride.blogspot.com/ SAYS:

Oh my goodness I love this! It is truly such a fun and unique idea. I’m with Kim — now I just have to hope someone I know gets pregnant with twins!

August 27, 2008 at 6:50 pm

http://wedding-palindrome-wedding.blogspot.com/ SAYS:

i’m saving this page and getting ready for the next friend with twins. this is unbelievably fun and cute!

August 28, 2008 at 7:53 am

Madelyn @ Southern Weddings SAYS:

Oh my goodness! This is so precious! I really love the idea and I love the way everything coordinates with the general theme! Fabulous!

August 28, 2008 at 8:02 am

http://stemparties.blogspot.com/ SAYS:

Thanks for the mention, Jenn, AND all the kind comments, everyone!

I just love all the cool people and inspiration to be found on the interwebs!

August 28, 2008 at 10:29 am

dessert girl SAYS:

Those onesies are so cute! I wish I knew someone that was having twins, so that I could buy them!

September 1, 2008 at 7:08 am

Fleur de Lis SAYS:

How can I submit a party to be a Real Life Party?

September 2, 2008 at 4:25 pm

jenn s. SAYS:

Fleur de Lis –
You can submit a Real Party the following ways:
1. by uploading a few photos to the HWTM Facebook Fan Page
2. sending us a link to an online photogallery (such as flickr, kodak, gallery, snapfish, etc) via our contact us form or an email to [email protected]
3. emailing just a few web-res photos to us (so that the attachments aren’t super huge), and then we’ll email you back for more/larger photos and more info when necessary.

Thanks!

September 3, 2008 at 7:22 am

LaKeyshia SAYS:

What an AWESOME idea. That is very creative! Hats off to you and thank you for sharing this idea.

September 7, 2008 at 7:04 pm

Michelle SAYS:

What an amazing, unique idea! Any suggestions on where I can find the baby blue boas for the vases?

September 16, 2008 at 3:46 pm

Marked Event SAYS:

I love it!

The perfect party always starts with some type of inspiration. In the case the tiny outfits were a great source to set the tone for the entire event!

October 17, 2008 at 8:37 am

Suzy SAYS:

This is absolutely gorgeous and so creative! Great job!

I loved it!

February 20, 2009 at 10:28 am

Kim SAYS:

What did you use to make the red circles on the tables? This was a GREAT idea!

April 17, 2009 at 8:02 am

Keli SAYS:

What a fantastic idea! You are very creative and I can’t wait to run this idea by my Aunt for my cousin’s baby shower (she’s expecting twins!) and I’m thinking of doing something around this theme for MY twin boys for their next birthday (they are definitely ‘things’ when they are getting into everything!). Thanks for the ideas and creative mind!

April 20, 2009 at 6:37 am

Keli SAYS:

I almost forgot to ask, where did you find the red canisters which have the stickers on top which read “Thank you for coming”?

April 20, 2009 at 6:37 am

jeanne SAYS:

hi my name is jeanne iim haveing twins an my roomate is planning my baby shower we agreed we wanted to the thing 1 and thing2 as the theam but we’re haveing a hard time finding stuff…is there any way you could let me know where you got you stuff becuse its really cute!! lol thank you

May 13, 2009 at 12:51 pm

Betsy SAYS:

OMG!! I love it, my very good friend is having twins and this is the theme she wanted to go with. Now I have some idea on what to do.
THANK YOU !!!!!

August 25, 2009 at 8:57 am

Mary E. Gray SAYS:

I’m planning a baby shower for twins. I love the theme ” It’s a Twin Thing” (thing 1, thing 2). How can I purchase items for this theme.

November 24, 2009 at 1:32 pm
Apologies, commenting is now disabled for this post.