Sweets 08.25.08

Harvey Wallbanger Cupcakes

Galliano Harvey Wallbanger Cupcakes

The Harvey Wallbanger Cake is one of my all-time favorite types of cakes – my mom makes them every Christmas and I can pretty much polish the entire thing off by myself (which is probably not a good thing…but sometimes you just can’t help it!).  Anyways, I was excited to come across these yummy-looking Harvey Wallbanger cupcakes in cupcakequeen‘s flickr gallery recently. The recipe is from the book Cupcakes from the Cake Doctor by Anne Byrn ($11.16 at Amazon). I’m thinking this is going to have to be a new addition to the library…

P.S. How cute is the presentation with the little straws?!

13 responses to “Harvey Wallbanger Cupcakes”

1. tlc says:

My mom makes this recipe too but as a bundt cake. I love this idea! The straws are a perfect touch since the alcohol in these recipe is what makes them so delicious.
    PS: not a good choice for a baby shower (a mistake I made 2 years ago.) Make a virgin free alternate.

2. YUM and COME ON – how cute are those with straws in them? What a simple idea that I’m going to steal.

3. Kim O. says:

So cute! Great idea for New Years or bachelorette parties, too.

4. Visiting you for the first time – what a wonderful blogg!!!! Thank you for inspiring me! Hugs from Sweden, Minna : )

5. I have just stumbled across your blog, I love it! These are cupcakes adorable….love the straws!

6. LoriKaye says:

oh my gosh…these are so adorable and I think I will serve them at the next Bunco party…because I am the queen of vodka, and these just are so darn cute:) kisses

7. John says:

I am fdeeling very hungry now just looking at the photo! Yum yum!
    There are some cake sites listed within this wedding directory too:

8. John says:

Great photos – I’m gonna hunt down the recipe and make some!!

9. Jacinda says:

I have the Anne Byrn cupcake book and I use it all the time and without fail people ask for the recipe. I highly recommend it!

10. Jac says:

I have this recipe on a old recipe card , but i don’t have a bundt pan and i was looking for a fun way to make it. This is perfect!
    thanks a whole lot…..

11. Oven Cooktop says:

These are a fabulous idea. Going to make them this weekend! Thanks!

12. Katie says:

Ladies, is it safe to assume the alcohol cooks out during baking. Opening a coffe house and would love to serve this but most patrons are college students and under age.

13. jenn s. says:

Hi Katie –
    After a little research, it looks like alcohol does NOT all cook out during baking, so you’re probably safer sticking recipes that don’t include alcohol. Here’s a little more info on the subject:

However, not all “cocktail themed” dessert recipes have alcohol in them. Fore example, here’s a recipe for Margarita Cupcakes that doesn’t include any alcohol if you use a non-alcoholic frozen margarita mix:

Good luck with the new business!