19 Aug

Fabulous White Wedding Inspiration (DIY!)

DIY white wedding theme

We’ve got some wonderful new wedding/party decor inspiration for you in Entertaining 101 today! The super-creative Morgan Spenla shares some fabulous ideas and imagery from her very gorgeous, very “DIY Bride” wedding…and I really mean DIY – this ambitious 22-year-old bride even made the fondant cake herself!

Click here for details on everything from the 3 different – yet equally charming – table centerpieces to the sweet “tribute to heritage” dessert buffet and thoughtful guest-bathroom goodies (how many of us wouldn’t be overjoyed to find complimentary foam flip-flops in the bathroom after hours of dancing in heels?!).

DIY white wedding theme

…and thanks again to Morgan for all the creative inspiration!

12Comments

http://legaladdictivestimulants.blogspot.com/ SAYS:

This is SO beautiful! It makes me wish I could do my wedding all over again.

Reply August 20, 2008 at 5:23 am

Erica Rich SAYS:

Simply beautiful!

Reply August 20, 2008 at 5:57 am

haley SAYS:

The centerpieces are truly gorgeous! I think my favorite is the Manzanita,but I love them all!

Reply August 20, 2008 at 7:08 am

http://wootershome.blogspot.com/ SAYS:

That cake is so classy

Reply August 20, 2008 at 7:36 am

Madelyn @ Southern Weddings SAYS:

Perfect! This is absolutely fantastic! I adore the cake! Everything is so beautiful, I really love the outdoor setting! Fabulous!

Reply August 20, 2008 at 8:39 am

Robyn SAYS:

Can you tell us how you made the floating candles in the pool? Thanks!

Reply August 20, 2008 at 2:38 pm

http://paperchick.blogspot.com/ SAYS:

Absolutely gorgeous!

Reply August 20, 2008 at 3:10 pm

Shikha SAYS:

What a beautiful venue! Where is it located? All of the special touches are great!

Reply August 20, 2008 at 3:44 pm

Morgan SAYS:

I’m glad everyone loved the design! It was a wonderful opportunity to share what made this day so special.

The venue was Pacific Ridge Vineyards in Aptos, California (near Santa Cruz in Northern California) and the floating candle island was pretty simple:

Materials: large wood particle board, 3″ nails (as many as you have candles), various sizes of white candles (3″ diamater is ideal), flowers, a latex bag filled with rocks or sand, and a floating devise (a foam kickboard works great).

To assemble, hammer nails through board in various designs, flip board over so nails are pointing upwards and secure wax candles to board by pushing through nails. The kickboards were attached to the bottom of the board and an edging can be applied so that they are not visible. A latex bag of sand (a swim cap tied works great to prevent scratching pool floor) resting on the bottom of the pool was also attached to the bottom of the board with string to prevent island from drifting. Once complete, decorate with flowers and set sail!

I’m sure there are various ways to create an island such as this, and recently I saw groupings of floating flowers (gardenias work well) secured in a pool in a similar fashion. It’s definitely a DIY project :).

I hope this helps!! Thanks for your post!

Reply August 21, 2008 at 11:04 pm

Robyn SAYS:

Thanks! I’m excited to try that out.

Reply August 23, 2008 at 1:51 pm

Robyn SAYS:

I love the table numbers with the corresponding photos at their ages– what a great idea!

Reply August 27, 2008 at 9:52 am