13 Aug

Candyland First Birthday Party – Part l

Max Sutter's Candyland Birthday Party

UPDATE 8/13 – I’m allowed to put this post back up now! Yay! (was originally posted on Monday but had to wait until the MomLogic article was up.)

***

Hi Everyone – I’m back from Colorado and happy to report that Max’s Candyland Birthday Party went well!  We definitely ran into some hiccups with the weather (hello, sporadic thunderstorms!) and ended up having to move everything indoors at the last minute, but it all worked out in the end… more on all that later!

Max Sutter's Candyland Birthday Party

It will probably take me a couple days to get everything up in the Party Themes section with detailed “how-to” instructions and all that fun stuff, but in the meantime – to get something up quick – I added 2 photo albums of the pictures that Sonny took with our camera onto the HWTM Facebook Page: Candyland Birthday Party – Part l (featuring party decor, candy & favor shots) and Candyland Birthday Party – Part ll (Max, Trista & Ryan with the birthday cake).

Max Sutter's Candyland Birthday Party

Pictured above: Max having fun with his giant birthday cupcake. Pictured below: a few quick decor shots… check out the Candyland Part l photo album for lots more images.  Additional images from the professional photographer should be available soon as well…including more extensive shots of the 10-ft candy buffet!

Max Sutter's Candyland Birthday Party

Max Sutter's Candyland Birthday Party

63Comments

Shari SAYS:

I would love to know more about the themed lunch box. I am dying to do something like that for a back-to-school party. Could you provide me with your source? Thank you! :~)

Reply August 13, 2008 at 4:48 pm

jenn s. SAYS:

Hi Shari –
The custom lunchboxes were created by Em Tanner: http://www.emtannerdesigns.com

They’re super cute, but also a little pricey if you want to do a ton of them…in addition to party favors though, they’d also be super cute as centerpieces, in which you’d probably need less!

Em Tanner has lots of other cute stuff too – check out the custom tees and plates :)

Reply August 13, 2008 at 5:20 pm

Alieh SAYS:

Oh my gosh, So CUTE! That’s a party everyone of any age would love to go to. Who can resist a candy buffet?!

Reply August 13, 2008 at 10:47 pm

Brooke SAYS:

I love this party it’s so sweet! and would you please tell me were you got the lanterns from?

Reply August 14, 2008 at 11:20 am

jenn s. SAYS:

Hi Brooke –

Both the Chinese lanterns and the Paper Daisies used for the giant lollipop border are from Luna Bazaar: http://www.lunabazaar.com

Very inexpensive too!! :)

Reply August 14, 2008 at 12:41 pm

Rene SAYS:

I just found out the shirt Trista is wearing can be found at http://www.shopdreem.com…I LOVE it…she looks great!!

Reply August 15, 2008 at 10:53 am

Tracey SAYS:

Hi Jenn,

Great theme party…where did you get the cute paint tins for the favors? It looks like Sweet Factory on the label.
Thanks.

Reply August 15, 2008 at 4:44 pm

jenn s. SAYS:

Thanks, Tracey!

They are little Sweet Factory pails – and SF actually just sent them with the candy, so I’m not sure if they sell them individually. I didn’t see them online, but I’m going to ask the person I worked with over there next week. I hope they do sell them because they were the perfect size and super cute. If not, you could always use mini takeout cartons in either translucent or solid colors.

The container store also has some other cute pails/tins, but some of them could get a little pricey depending on how many people are at the party! Here’s the link:

Jenn :)

Reply August 16, 2008 at 9:28 am

Stacy SAYS:

Another great idea, I just love all of the bright colors in this one. This would be a great theme for a girl or boy of any age. Thanks for sharing

Stacy

Reply August 17, 2008 at 6:04 am

AMBER GARRETT SAYS:

OMIGOSH.. I LOVE THIS… I AM ACTUALLY PLANNING MY DAUGHTER’S 2ND BRITHDAY WITH THIS THEME AND I CAME ACROSS THIS WEBSITE SEARCHING FOR CANDYALND STUFF :)

Reply August 25, 2008 at 10:31 am

Tanya SAYS:

I’m helping with my niece’s b’day party who will be turning 4 next month. I was surfing the internet for all candyland ideas and your info came up, so I can not wait to share this with my sister. I’m so glad to see you and your family are doing well.

Reply October 18, 2008 at 6:18 pm

Maria SAYS:

I’m planning my daughters 1st b-day party, which happens to be a candy theme. I sent out lollipop invites, and I was wondering if you have any other creative decoration ideas or games in mind. I loved your sons party setup it was amazing…….

Reply October 31, 2008 at 8:16 am

jenn s. SAYS:

Hi Maria –
You can check out step-by-step on how to recreate the candy decorations – like the giant candies made out of paper lanterns & cellophane, giant lollipops, candy bouquets, and more on our detailed Candyland Birthday party theme page:

And for some great activity ideas, check out the Candyland ideas on Peppers and Pollywogs, which is a great kids party planning website:

hope that helps!

Reply October 31, 2008 at 8:39 am

Navy Sou SAYS:

OMG…We had a Candy Shoppe party for my daughter’s 3rd birthday last year that was similar! Here are some of the photos from the party posted on my blog: http://www.navysou.com/2008/10/mya-monday_20.html

Reply January 21, 2009 at 4:21 pm