Candyland First Birthday Party – Part l

Max Sutter's Candyland Birthday Party

UPDATE 8/13 – I’m allowed to put this post back up now! Yay! (was originally posted on Monday but had to wait until the MomLogic article was up.)

***

Hi Everyone – I’m back from Colorado and happy to report that Max’s Candyland Birthday Party went well!  We definitely ran into some hiccups with the weather (hello, sporadic thunderstorms!) and ended up having to move everything indoors at the last minute, but it all worked out in the end… more on all that later!

Max Sutter's Candyland Birthday Party

It will probably take me a couple days to get everything up in the Party Themes section with detailed “how-to” instructions and all that fun stuff, but in the meantime – to get something up quick – I added 2 photo albums of the pictures that Sonny took with our camera onto the HWTM Facebook Page: Candyland Birthday Party – Part l (featuring party decor, candy & favor shots) and Candyland Birthday Party – Part ll (Max, Trista & Ryan with the birthday cake).

Max Sutter's Candyland Birthday Party

Pictured above: Max having fun with his giant birthday cupcake. Pictured below: a few quick decor shots… check out the Candyland Part l photo album for lots more images.  Additional images from the professional photographer should be available soon as well…including more extensive shots of the 10-ft candy buffet!

Max Sutter's Candyland Birthday Party

Max Sutter's Candyland Birthday Party

63 responses to “Candyland First Birthday Party – Part l”

1. jenn s. says:

Hi Shanik –
    I actually lucked out and the candycane base for the largest “whirly pops” those at a decor store near me called “Shinoda Design Center” – but they were in the Christmas section, so online holiday stores might be a good place to look for them! And then the lollipop tops are actually “paper daisies” from lunabazaar.com.

The giant REAL whirly pops that are stuck in the grass are from Sweet Factory.

hope that helps! :)

2. Brooke says:

Jenn…I love the ideas you came up with for this party…I am planning a candy land party for my daughters first bday….where can I find the personalized banner ??

3. Brooke says:

I want to use the same plates and napkins for my daughters party as well…..I love all the bright colors however im having a hard time finding them, any suggestions ??????

4. Latoya says:

I am truly impressed and inspired by this, I was planning a candy land theme for my daughter. I have taken so many notes from you. I would like to know where did u get the lunch boxes from and how did you decorate them.

5. Brooke says:

This is the cutest party idea ever…where can I find the customized banner ?? Also I am having a hard time finding the plates and napkins used there, any suggestions ??

6. Sonya says:

yes i need some help for my little niece birthday party the theme id candyland. and we are still not sure how to do the cake so i was wondering if u cansend some pictures to see how are we going to make it.

7. Ashley S. says:

I am planning a candyland party for my daughter who is turning 2 and i would like to know where can i find the colorful striped plates and napkins

8. Becky Smith says:

Just wondering what you did for invites?? I am doing a Candyland Birthday party for my daughter and needed some ideas for invites??

9. jenn s. says:

Hi Becky –
    I actually designed the invites myself, but Trista just emailed them out. Here’s a link to what they looked like (we ended up going with the first version).

I plan to offer these invites soon on a website called PolkaDotDesign.com, but they won’t be up for at least a few weeks, so it may be too late for your party.

Here are a few cute ideas from other websites that might work though:

“Candy is Dandy” Invitation

“Sweetie Design”

Candyland Invitations

Good luck! :)

10. Karen says:

For those of you on a tighter budget, I used Just Artifacts (www.justartifacts.net) to order some paper lanterns. Great prices and quick delivery! The lanterns look just great. Currently they are having a sale on their lanterns.

11. Karen says:

where can I get teh lunchboxes? I am doing a candyland 1st birthday too!

12. jenn s. says:

Hi Karen –

The custom lunchboxes were created by Em Tanner: http://www.emtannerdesigns.com

They’re super cute, but also really pricey if you want to do a ton of them…as an alternative to party favors though, they’d also be super cute as centerpieces, in which you’d probably only need a few!

13. Hi I was looking through your website and found the Candyland First Birthday Party. I love them but would like to know if you have one for a chocolate party thank you so much.

14. Abi says:

OMG! I was just putting my daughter’s party together for her first bday and we’re doing a Candyland theme because her nickname is Lolipop. I was looking for ideas and came across this. This is so cute!!!!! Your family is beautiful Trista! Thanks!

15. […] are some great places to look for inspiration like Hostess With the Mostess; The TomKat Studio; and Party […]

16. Giselle says:

Hi Jen! Love your ideas/blog… Not sure if it’s against copyright but I noticed an event planner who had some of your Candyland pics on birthday section… strange. In case you’re interested here is the website… :) http://www.eventplanninggalore.com/Birthday.html

17. Jessica says:

Where can I get the customized banner!!???

18. Ibett says:

Jessica, I did Candyland and could not find the corresponding banner for it, so I found a personalizable banner kit at my local Party City for the same price. Very coloful. It came with 4 signs and many extra letters and numbers, so it went very well with the party. Good luck.

19. Jenn @ HWTM says:

Hi Everyone –
    If you’d like to order the same Candyland banner from this party for your own event, you can order it through Emagine Digital: http://www.emaginedigital.com.

The banners are 6 feet wide by 28″ tall, printed on vinyl with grommets for hanging, and can be customized with your child’s name an age.

Price is $75. To order, send an email to [email protected] with name/age info for the banner, shipping address, and date the banner is needed by.

=)

20. Alice Mall says:

The different colored kids tables are wonderful! Were those purchased or rented? Thanks so much.

21. Yasir Lowery says:

Well looks like a sweet birthday !

22. I want to find the pillows?

23. […] details for how to recreate the Candyland Birthday Party we threw for Max Sutter last month are finally up in the Party Themes section.  I’m so sorry it took me a while to […]