HWTM > Party Inspiration > Kids Birthday > First Birthday > Candyland First Birthday Party – Part l

Candyland First Birthday Party – Part l

Max Sutter's Candyland Birthday Party

UPDATE 8/13 – I’m allowed to put this post back up now! Yay! (was originally posted on Monday but had to wait until the MomLogic article was up.)

rainbow-dotted-divider-2

Hi Everyone – I’m back from Colorado and happy to report that Max’s Candyland Birthday Party went well!  We definitely ran into some hiccups with the weather (hello, sporadic thunderstorms!) and ended up having to move everything indoors at the last minute, but it all worked out in the end… more on all that later!

Max Sutter's Candyland Birthday Party

It will probably take me a couple days to get everything up in the Party Themes section with detailed “how-to” instructions and all that fun stuff, but in the meantime – to get something up quick – I added 2 photo albums of the pictures that Sonny took with our camera onto the HWTM Facebook Page: Candyland Birthday Party – Part l (featuring party decor, candy & favor shots) and Candyland Birthday Party – Part ll (Max, Trista & Ryan with the birthday cake).

Max Sutter's Candyland Birthday Party

Pictured above: Max having fun with his giant birthday cupcake. Pictured below: a few quick decor shots… check out the Candyland Part l photo album for lots more images.  Additional images from the professional photographer should be available soon as well…including more extensive shots of the 10-ft candy buffet!

Max Sutter's Candyland Birthday Party

Max Sutter's Candyland Birthday Party

rainbow-dotted-divider-2

By | 2018-02-12T09:39:56+00:00 August 13th, 2008|First Birthday, Parties for Boys|63 Comments

About the Author:

JENNIFER SBRANTI is the Founder and Creative Director of Hostess with the Mostess®, a hip and modern party planning resource. HWTM brings creative entertaining ideas to light through an inspirational “how-to” website and popular daily blog. Having hosted countless celebrations herself, ranging from special occasion showers and everyday get-togethers to large events, Sbranti now shares her contemporary style and no-fuss approach to entertaining with others. Her ideas have been featured in media outlets such as People, InStyle Weddings, Life&Style, Real Simple, and Extra! TV, and she is a featured contributor for several well-respected online communities, including iVillage.com and BHG.com. Sbranti resides in San Diego with her husband {and business partner} Sonny and their sweet 1-year old daughter, Macy.

63 Comments

1. http://www.lifeislikechampagneblog.com/ August 11, 2008 at 4:37 am

This theme looks so much fun, colorful and sweet, food sweet also! One of my favorite games and a great them for a party! I am keeping this one in the file, thanks for sharing!

2. Kim O. August 11, 2008 at 4:54 am

Amazing, Jenn!!!

3. Ashley August 11, 2008 at 5:01 am

Even cuter than I had imagined! Can’t wait to see more.

4. http://finestationery.blogspot.com/ August 11, 2008 at 6:23 am

So fun! I love the pillows. Candyland is one of my favourite childhood games. :)

5. http://emilyssomething.blogspot.com/ August 11, 2008 at 7:12 am

That party was for Trista and Ryan?! How fun! It looks like a total blast. I’m thinking of doing a (scaled down) version for my son’s birthday next month.

6. Wow, looks like a great partY!!!

7. http://vivabellabyjessie.blogspot.com/ August 11, 2008 at 8:28 am

LOVE how you used the paper lanters as candy. Such a cute idea!

8. http://thatswhywerefriends.blogspot.com/ August 11, 2008 at 8:46 am

What a fun party! You did such a great job. I can\’t wait to see more. The lunchboxes for the little ones are adorable.

9. Madelyn @ Southern Weddings August 11, 2008 at 8:55 am

This is fantastic! I love all the colors! I love how the theme is in every detail…you did an amazing job!

10. Mari08 August 13, 2008 at 11:16 am

Max looks so adorable with his face full of chocolate! I bet all the little ones at the party had a crazy sugar high with the candy buffet! If I were a kid again, this is definitely the party I would want to be invited to!

11. Melissa August 13, 2008 at 11:59 am

Awesome party! Every detail is perfect! Thanks so much for sharing. Aren’t they the cutest little family! :)

12. http://stemparties.blogspot.com/ August 13, 2008 at 12:43 pm

Dude, you’re in Life&Style.

Okay, it’s not Newsweek, but come on – that is awesome! Fun!

13. The City Sage August 13, 2008 at 12:52 pm

What a beautiful party for such a beautiful family! Can’t wait to see more pics…and suddenly I’m craving skittles and licorice!

14. http://finestationery.blogspot.com/ August 13, 2008 at 1:31 pm

i love the decorations along the fence!

15. Rebecca August 13, 2008 at 3:23 pm

Such an amazing party Jenn! It looks like so much fun!

16. Shari August 13, 2008 at 4:48 pm

I would love to know more about the themed lunch box. I am dying to do something like that for a back-to-school party. Could you provide me with your source? Thank you! :~)

17. jenn s. August 13, 2008 at 5:20 pm

Hi Shari –
    The custom lunchboxes were created by Em Tanner:

They’re super cute, but also a little pricey if you want to do a ton of them…in addition to party favors though, they’d also be super cute as centerpieces, in which you’d probably need less!

Em Tanner has lots of other cute stuff too – check out the custom tees and plates :)

18. Alieh August 13, 2008 at 10:47 pm

Oh my gosh, So CUTE! That’s a party everyone of any age would love to go to. Who can resist a candy buffet?!

19. Brooke August 14, 2008 at 11:20 am

I love this party it’s so sweet! and would you please tell me were you got the lanterns from?

20. jenn s. August 14, 2008 at 12:41 pm

Hi Brooke –

Both the Chinese lanterns and the Paper Daisies used for the giant lollipop border are from Luna Bazaar: http://www.lunabazaar.com

Very inexpensive too!! :)

Comments are closed.