Eat & Drink 07.16.08

Yes, Please.

As much as I love magazines, I can’t think of the last time I spotted one from across the room and decided right then and there to buy it without even flipping through a single page… until last Friday.

Kudos to the creative team behind the cover of bon appétit‘s August issue! And not to worry, there’s good stuff inside too!

Click here to check out the online version of one of the issue’s feature stories: The Scoop on Summer Desserts, which highlights goodies like Chocolate Chip and Banana Ice Cream Sandwiches (pictured below), Dark-Chocolate-Dipped Cherry Ice Cream Cones (on the cover and below), Mint Hot Fudge Sundaes, and more!

Photography by Kenji Toma

21 responses to “Yes, Please.”

1. Sarah says:

Too funny! I saw & thought the exact same thing while standing in the Costco line today! Absolutely delicious!

2. If I didn’t want ice cream before, now I need to leave work and go get me some!

Thanksalot! :)

3. Rachel says:

Oh my! What an AMAZING cover! And the scoops on the tray? Brilliant!

4. Holy cow…those cookie ice cream sandwiches look simply delicious. I have to wipe my drool off my computer screen now.

5. cyndi says:

That cover is unbelievable! I did the same thing…

6. Patricia says:

I am speechless!

7. jean says:

I got mine the other day and I still drool every time I read it. Great cover photo!

8. niki d. says:

i did the exact same thing!! i am totally addicted to buying magazines, but i rarely pick up bon appetit. there was just something pretty delicious going on with that cover. :)

9. RobynLynn W says:

This came in the mail and I thought the same thing. Has to be one of the best food magazine covers ever – just made my mouth water. I took it to a doctor’s appointment to read in the waiting room and saw several folks staring at it even.

10. That issue sits on the corner of my desk. And we do not have to feel bad since ice cream is good dessert option. I read yesterday that ice cream releases its sugar gradually into your blood after you’ve eaten it. Therefore, you’re not left desperately craving for more. That is the theory anyway :-)

11. peabody says:

Wow, I thought the complete opposite. I thought the lighting was horrific. And the gobs of half melted ice cream looks really bad. I used to love that magazine and I actually think it has really gone down hill in the last year.

12. happyathome says:

Oh that doesn’t work with the whole swim suit agenda! Looks so good!

13. kim says:

too funny! i wrote about that exact same picture the other day after spotting it on epicurious. that is one amazing scoop of ice cream!!

14. The photos are very edgy and kinda like fashion photography!

15. Sharp Lily says:

Me too! One of the best food photos and mag covers ever!

16. Liz says:

No Way! That cover is not fair. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything more delicious. Yummy!

17. the entire redesign (inside and out) of bon appetit is wonderful. i subscribed again because it is a better read and the images are amazing.

18. I’m drooling. Those photos are absolutely gorgeous!

19. KT says:

My husband and I were at Fresh Market today and I saw the magazine cover at the check out lane. Amazing, huh? I wanted to throw my fish filets back at the seafood counter guy and go get that sundae!

20. molly j. says:

I had the exact same reaction when I saw it in the Austin, TX airport… so clearly I had to buy it without even looking to see what it was about.

I think it was a combination of the fashion-shoot on inanimate object, coupled with the delicious drip of dark chocolate hanging from the front. Yummy and inspiring.