I’m so smitten with the adorable Mini Classic Gumball Machines highlighted on Simply Stated today that I felt inspired to work up an excuse to use them! So… here are a few quick ideas for a Kitschy Retro Glam party theme that combines 50′s diner style with a little glamour girl attitude… a fun way to celebrate that bride-to-be or birthday girl with a fun, sassy side!
Tablescape & Decor Ideas:
• Feature Retro-Style Napkin Dispensers (in blue or black) and Retro 50′s Poodle Poodle Salt & Shaker Sets
• Decorate table surfaces & centerpieces with pink & blue acrylic ice and Diamond Shaped Crystal Paperweights
• Embellish Mini Classic Gumball Machine favors with rhinestones and use them as place card holders
• Choose paper partyware with retro-style patterns & colors, such as houndstooth, dots, and stripes. (Pictured above: Black & White Houndstooth Plates, Turquoise Stripes Napkins, and Pink & White Dots Napkins.
• Serve drinks or treats on this gorgeous, extra-large Kitsch Pink Melamine Platter ($28)
• “Frugal” cocktail napkins by Anne Taintor add a shot of sass to the soirée!
• Decorate mod vases and frames with occasion-appropriate rhinestone word stickers such as “Bride”, “Cheers”, or “Birthday Girl”
Food & Drink Ideas:
• Create a candy buffet featuring several clear jars and other containers filled with gumballs, color-coordinated candies, rock candy sticks, and ring pops. This fun Jukebox Gumball Dispenser would be a fabulous focal piece!
• Serve Root Beer Float Cocktails in soda-fountain glasses or stemware embellished with cocktail charms featuring faux diamonds or pearls.
• Serve mini root beer or coke floats in colorful paper juice cups embellished with rhinestones
I’m sure you guys have a ton of ideas to build on this theme, so please feel free to post them here!