28 Jul

New Party Theme: Bedtime Story

modern bedtime story baby shower

Just added another new party theme to the HWTM Baby Showers section! This one is called “Bedtime Story” and features tables made up to look like beds, storybooks, plush toys, framed pics of sleeping babies, and more. This theme is super easy to put together – and you can tailor it to any color palette/fabric design you like… Click here for the details!

modern bedtime story baby shower

Comments 23

jenn s.

POSTED BY

Founder & Creative Director see full profile

23Comments

Renee SAYS:

I love this idea! It’s one of the most original I’ve seen and heard in a long time!

July 28, 2008 at 5:13 am

Shannan SAYS:

LOVE this! I am all about anything mod baby and not cutesy baby. My homegirl Amy (of Stem) just did my baby shower last weekend and it was also incredible. Check my blog for pics if you’re so inclined!

July 28, 2008 at 6:45 am

jenn s. SAYS:

Hi Shannan –
Thanks! And I saw the pics on Amy’s blog and the shower was ridiculously cute!! (which is not surprising int he least!) I’ll check out your blog too…and congrats on the TRIPLETS! :)

Jenn

July 28, 2008 at 7:04 am

amy SAYS:

I’ve been waiting to see this since the “teaser” of it awhile back. The cutest thing I have ever seen. Ever. I see me using this in my future. I am that psychic.

(Shannan meet Jenn. Jenn meet Shannan.Oprah.Uma.Uma.Oprah.)

July 28, 2008 at 8:01 am

tlc SAYS:

I am going to try this for the shower I am throwing for my sister. Such a great idea. You are so cleverly creative.

July 28, 2008 at 8:39 am

Anna SAYS:

So cute!

Shop In Chic

July 28, 2008 at 9:28 am

Shannan SAYS:

Jenn,
Thanks on the congrats, and by the way, you are HELLA creative, and correct when you say Amy’s shower was ridiculously cute, as is she (if not a wee bit craaaazy), but that’s why I love her!
Shan

July 28, 2008 at 9:37 am

Jennifer @ SmallTownShopaholic SAYS:

That is the most creative baby shower idea I’ve ever seen. I love giving books as baby gifts, and this theme is a perfect way to expand on that gift idea. Love it!

July 28, 2008 at 10:11 am

ShopLittleGifts SAYS:

very cool! love it. it’s casual, it’s dreamy. i think it’s a great theme for kids’ birthday parties as well. they can do dream sketches or make one page of a story time book each that compiles as a book (for reprinting) and they can all take it home the next day.

July 28, 2008 at 1:31 pm

Tracey SAYS:

i remember the teaser- the “real deal” did not disappoint! And how cute is that baby?!

July 28, 2008 at 1:44 pm

Christy from Thank You Notes SAYS:

This is such a brilliant and inexpensive idea! I’ve never seen this before. I might actually do a variation on this for a grown-up birthday pajama party!

July 29, 2008 at 12:18 am

thrilled by the thought SAYS:

This is so stinkin’ creative. I wish I knew someone who I could throw a baby shower for!

July 29, 2008 at 7:33 am

MIMI SAYS:

Loving the idea!! It also makes me brainstorm for a cute Dr. Seuss themed birthday party! :)

July 29, 2008 at 4:48 pm

denise baker SAYS:

Love this idea for a baby shower.

My daughter and I used this same idea for an early morning breakfast party that she did. It is a favorite theme of mine because it is fairly inexpensive to pull off not to mention easy.

I love seeing how you incorporated it for a shower – the colors pop and it is such an inviting table.

July 31, 2008 at 9:17 am

sophia SAYS:

oh my goodness – i am not one to be so easily impressed but this idea is absolutely adorable and clever! what a great website you have! i will definitely be visiting more frequently!

August 6, 2008 at 12:36 pm

kadie SAYS:

I am hosting a shower for a friend and want to do this. What kind of invitations would you recommend?? Thanks,

November 2, 2008 at 11:39 am

noor SAYS:

It soo cute..give me idea for my girl next bithday party.She had a slept over party recently..my house was a mess..all of them did’nt slept till next morning..

November 2, 2008 at 11:37 pm

Cari SAYS:

LOVE THIS! I looked online and IKEA doesn’t have the orange sheets anymore =(.

I wish I knew WHERE TO GET everything… I’ve been searching online for over an hour with no luck! If anyone knows where to find cool invites for this, sheets that would work – I’d love some tips! I think I can locate the plates and things….

thanks!

December 26, 2008 at 7:19 pm

Michelle SAYS:

I love this theme!
I am going to do this theme for an upcoming shower for a friend that is having her 4th baby. I was hoping you might post a picture or give me some ideas for the invitation (looks and wording) as well as any games to play or things to do at the shower.
Thanks!!

January 20, 2009 at 8:12 pm

Sara Wright SAYS:

Any chance of seeing the invitations for the Bedtime Story Shower?

Thanks!

August 12, 2009 at 6:19 pm
Apologies, commenting is now disabled for this post.