25 Jun

Simply Stated: Tropical Zen Table

creative eclectic baby shower

Today on Simply Stated: Celebrations, check out step-by-step instructions on how to recreate the place settings from the the Tropical Zen tablescape that we’re featuring tonight at the Hip Hostess/Chambord event!

8Comments

Kate SAYS:

The fans are a great idea for summer parties outside. There are all different ways to go with this – but I’m now inspired to pick up a set of Japanese fans with silk screen motifs!

Reply June 25, 2008 at 11:02 am

Jaime @ \\\"It\\\'s A Jaime Thing\\\" SAYS:

So much fun tonight, thank you!!! :)

-Jaime @ “It’s A Jaime Thing”

Reply June 26, 2008 at 12:48 am

jenn s. SAYS:

I’m so glad you had fun, Jaime! It was great to meet you! I had fun too :)

Cheers,
Jenn

Reply June 26, 2008 at 4:31 am

Jaime @ It’s A Jaime Thing SAYS:

Hi Jenn,

Yes, it was so nice to meet you too!!! Your site/blog is seriously one of my most favorites…I look to it for inspiration every day, and also added your link to my blogroll to share with all of my readers – it’s just too cool not to share!

I’m sorry we didn’t get to talk for very long, I just wanted to introduce myself, but I didn’t want to take up all of your time since I knew how busy you were!

Hopefully the flight back to CA was smooth and that you enjoyed Chicago. I hope you get to visit our city again soon, and that next time you get to enjoy some of the sights/restaurants!

Anyhow, I’d love to keep in touch, here’s my email address: itsajaimething@yahoo.com. Again, such an honor to meet you – what a fabulous party!

Sincerely,
Jaime @ It’s A Jaime Thing :)
itsajaimething@yahoo.com

Reply June 26, 2008 at 10:47 am

Madelyn @ SWS SAYS:

I love this idea. It is so chic and fresh and yet so simple!

Reply June 30, 2008 at 7:57 am

Danielle Carlino SAYS:

Hello all. I came across your website after browsing the web. I will be throwing a baby shower for my cousin in October and we want to have a Zen style shower. Do you have any ideas that would help me out? We are throwing it at a country club. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks : ) Danielle

Reply August 6, 2008 at 6:28 am

jenn s. SAYS:

Hi Danielle –
I actually just worked on an Asian-inspired “Good Fortune” baby shower theme for Parents.com, and it has some ideas that might help you out…here’s the link:

Also – SocialCouture.com has a great Asian party theme set that you could customize with a few baby-related touches – like embellishing the vases with a band of ribbon that has a pacifier strung on it, etc. to make the decor “baby shower” specific. Here’s the link to that set:

Hope that helps!

Jenn :)

Reply August 6, 2008 at 7:51 am

Joanne Mitcho SAYS:

just thought this type of seen would be cool

Reply May 2, 2010 at 7:09 pm