13 Jun

Robot Party

robot cupcakes

Creative cupcake guru Hello Naomi is just the coolest! I wish I would’ve stumbled on her adorable robot cupcakes earlier – they would’ve gone perfectly with a robot kids party I recently created! (see below)

robot kids party

Quick party details:
– French Bull Robots Plates & Robots Cups
– “Robot Guy” centerpiece created using empty gift boxes wrapped with colorful gift wrap, googly eyes, metal favor tins, silver glitter chenille craft stems , and paper circles punched from shimmery silver cardstock
– Packs of Pez and Pixie sticks
– Yellow gift wrap “table runner” with circular silver paper “confetti”
– Utensils wrapped with silver glitter chenille craft stems

More party pics below…

robot kids party

robot kids party

robot kids party

Erin SAYS:

Thank you so much for this…my son’s first birthday is coming up and I’m planning a robot theme…lots of great ideas here! Thanks!

Reply November 5, 2008 at 6:45 pm

Carolyna SAYS:

I am so thrilled to have found this! My son’s first birthday is also coming up soon and I wanted to do a robot theme that wasn’t too mature for a first birthday. This is PERFECT!! I can’t wait! You have totally inspired me, honestly! Thank you.

Reply November 19, 2008 at 8:35 am

Kersey SAYS:

I Just love it!!! I’m going to be doing a birthday party for my son with this theme, you guys got me so inspired. What did you use for the top of his head??

Reply June 15, 2009 at 11:27 am

jenn s. SAYS:

Kersey –
That’s actually some sort of screw attachment from our garage (we were making do!) and metallic silver pipe cleaners for the “antenna” :)

Here’s some more robot party inspiration for you from a friend of mine:

Reply June 16, 2009 at 1:25 pm

I love this theme! Very cute ideas.

Reply June 21, 2009 at 11:35 pm

Megan Chanley SAYS:

I would love to know where you got those plates. I can handle everything else but I have been looking for plates light those for about 2 months now and finally found your site. Do you mind if I ask where you got them!! Thanks!

Reply July 14, 2009 at 10:27 am

Stacey SAYS:

What a fantastic party! I will be using some of these ideas for my sons future party! Here is a great site to get personalized robot invitations! Thanks

Reply July 29, 2009 at 8:24 am

S. Ward SAYS:

I think that little GIRLS should be encouraged to have robot parties as well! It shouldn’t just be a boy thing– my daughter decided this morning that she wanted a robot party, and I am thrilled that she picked such a cool theme (vs. princess, mermaid, bla bla fluff).

Reply August 26, 2009 at 8:21 am

christine SAYS:

Agree with S. Ward! A robot party is just as much for the girls.

Kudos to you! You’ve done a nice job showcasing a robot party table setting (we love the PEZ candies as they are robot like candies, and the use of silver pipe cleaners on the forks ).Your robot centerpiece is sweet, too. We’re linking to your Web site!

Reply September 18, 2009 at 7:12 am

LaFlacaD SAYS:

I thought to share my robot party too :) enjoy

Reply December 17, 2009 at 1:45 pm

sandy kirkley SAYS:

Just what my daughter has been looking for!!!
Thanks,Grandma to Elliott (his 1st Birthday celebration..on May 18th.)

Reply April 10, 2010 at 3:10 pm

Gemma SAYS:

Hi Jenn,
I was wondering what shade of blue did you use for the table cover? My son’s 1st birthday is coming up in July and I would love to use this design concept for his party. Your creativity is very inspiring!

Reply May 26, 2010 at 10:46 am

Hi Gemma –

I actually used a duvet from IKEA on this table! It was only $15, and too good of a deal to pass up!

But if I was renting a tablecloth for this I’d go for Aqua :)

Reply May 27, 2010 at 3:40 pm

sandra SAYS:

Love it!!!!!! When a great looking table and ideas. My son is having his second bday coming up and this is perfect.

What invitations did you use?

Reply June 2, 2010 at 12:40 pm

Whitney SAYS:

Super cute! Where did you find the plates/cups. I love that they are kiddy. I’m planning my son’s 1st bday and this would be super cute

Reply July 6, 2013 at 6:14 am

jenn s. SAYS:

Hi Whitney – They’re by a company called French Bull. You can find them here or a bunch of other places if you google them :) The only heads up is that they are melamine so they’d be expensive to buy in bulk – that’s why I just used the cups as decorative accents on this table. I wish they made a paper/disposable version… if you stumble on one please let me know ;) Good luck with the party!

July 10, 2013 at 7:31 am