Robot Party

robot cupcakes

Creative cupcake guru Hello Naomi is just the coolest! I wish I would’ve stumbled on her adorable robot cupcakes earlier – they would’ve gone perfectly with a robot kids party I recently created! (see below)

robot kids party

Quick party details:
– French Bull Robots Plates & Robots Cups
– “Robot Guy” centerpiece created using empty gift boxes wrapped with colorful gift wrap, googly eyes, metal favor tins, silver glitter chenille craft stems , and paper circles punched from shimmery silver cardstock
– Packs of Pez and Pixie sticks
– Yellow gift wrap “table runner” with circular silver paper “confetti”
– Utensils wrapped with silver glitter chenille craft stems

More party pics below…

robot kids party

robot kids party

robot kids party

33 responses to “Robot Party”

1. Jessica says:

Adorable! Both the cupcakes AND the party! Makes me wanna have one and I don’t even have any kids. Maybe my SIL can do this for my nephew’s next b-day…

2. katie says:

so cute!!!!

3. amy says:

How cute!

It’s a slightly different look than the French Bull, but I was JUST looking at my latest Paper Source catalog the other day and came across this and saved it in my inspiration notebook for a baby boy shower or party someday.

Digging your little robot centerpiece. He makes me giggle.

4. susan says:

My girlfriend is having a Wall-E movie party for her 4 year old son-this would be perfect! So super cute!

5. What a great idea for a boy party. I know my husband would have been thrilled by a robot party when he was a kid :-)
    Both your table and the cupcakes are well designed.

6. maggie says:

I attended a robot party last night! Only it was for adults. And people were dressed in foil.

Don’t worry, I just wore my silver flats and told people I had robot feet.

7. I wish my kids were still little sometimes when I see things like this. Well maybe on my son’s 21st I will have a robot party for him.

8. What a creative little idea for a PARTY!! This looks like something kids would really appreciate it! The cupcakes rock! : )

Jen Ramos
    ‘100% Recycled DESIGNER Cards & More’
    madebygirl.blogspot.com

9. dot says:

What a great writeup and great ideas! I was doing a write up on throwing a robot party on our blog, and I stumbled across yours. I linked to it here, if you don’t mind… http://www.dabbled.org/2008/06/robot-party-round-up.html

10. jenn s. says:

Hi dot –
    I don’t mind at all – thanks so much for the link! :)

Jenn

11. OMG! I love your page. So bright, colourful, friendly, warm… I could go on. You have amazing ideas, and I just want you to know you are fabulous! Keep it up!

12. Gina says:

Unfortunately the links to the robot plates and cups don’t work. I was so excited to see new robot party items too. Hm…

13. jenn s. says:

Hi Gina –

Thanks for the heads up – it looks like Loft Party doesn’t carry these items any more, so I just updated the links to go to another store that carries them – Oliebollen.com – so they should work now!

Jenn :)

14. What a fantastic idea–thanks so much for all the info and links for making them a reality at my house!

Love your place here!

Blessings!

15. Erin says:

Thank you so much for this…my son’s first birthday is coming up and I’m planning a robot theme…lots of great ideas here! Thanks!

16. Carolyna says:

I am so thrilled to have found this! My son’s first birthday is also coming up soon and I wanted to do a robot theme that wasn’t too mature for a first birthday. This is PERFECT!! I can’t wait! You have totally inspired me, honestly! Thank you.

17. […] Cookie magazine has some great tips for activities and food.  Hostess Blog also has some simple decorating ideas which look great and we’re totally in love with Hello Naomi’s robot cupcakes. […]

18. Kersey says:

I Just love it!!! I’m going to be doing a birthday party for my son with this theme, you guys got me so inspired. What did you use for the top of his head??

19. Lei says:

I love this theme! Very cute ideas.

20. Megan Chanley says:

I would love to know where you got those plates. I can handle everything else but I have been looking for plates light those for about 2 months now and finally found your site. Do you mind if I ask where you got them!! Thanks!

21. Stacey says:

What a fantastic party! I will be using some of these ideas for my sons future party! Here is a great site to get personalized robot invitations! Thanks

22. S. Ward says:

I think that little GIRLS should be encouraged to have robot parties as well! It shouldn’t just be a boy thing– my daughter decided this morning that she wanted a robot party, and I am thrilled that she picked such a cool theme (vs. princess, mermaid, bla bla fluff).

23. christine says:

Agree with S. Ward! A robot party is just as much for the girls.

Kudos to you! You’ve done a nice job showcasing a robot party table setting (we love the PEZ candies as they are robot like candies, and the use of silver pipe cleaners on the forks ).Your robot centerpiece is sweet, too. We’re linking to your Web site!

24. LaFlacaD says:

I thought to share my robot party too :) enjoy

25. sandy kirkley says:

Just what my daughter has been looking for!!!
    Thanks,Grandma to Elliott (his 1st Birthday celebration..on May 18th.)

26. Gemma says:

Hi Jenn,
    I was wondering what shade of blue did you use for the table cover? My son’s 1st birthday is coming up in July and I would love to use this design concept for his party. Your creativity is very inspiring!

27. Jenn @ HWTM says:

Hi Gemma –

I actually used a duvet from IKEA on this table! It was only $15, and too good of a deal to pass up!

But if I was renting a tablecloth for this I’d go for Aqua :)

28. sandra says:

Love it!!!!!! When a great looking table and ideas. My son is having his second bday coming up and this is perfect.

What invitations did you use?

29. […] photos or websites? Sure did! I did a random search online for “robot parties” and Hostess with the Mostess’ website came up. I absolutely fell in LOVE! I was also inspired searching her blog to incorporate […]

30. Whitney says:

Super cute! Where did you find the plates/cups. I love that they are kiddy. I’m planning my son’s 1st bday and this would be super cute

• jenn s. says:

Hi Whitney – They’re by a company called French Bull. You can find them here or a bunch of other places if you google them :) The only heads up is that they are melamine so they’d be expensive to buy in bulk – that’s why I just used the cups as decorative accents on this table. I wish they made a paper/disposable version… if you stumble on one please let me know ;) Good luck with the party!