You might already be familiar with the creative talents of Joanna Dyckhoff from her inspirational design blog, LotusHaus, or from the ultra-contemporary Chocolate, Raspberry, & Lime Baby Shower she threw that we featured here at HWTM in November. Well, I’m very happy to be able to share some details today from yet another fabulous baby shower that Joanna hosted earlier this year: a modern, tropical co-ed soirée! Here goes:
The Vibe: sunny & tropical
Colors: turquoise, tangerine, and green
Invitations: Digital invites were custom-designed by Joanna, a few of which were printed and showcased at the shower, along with a coordinating buffet menu.
- Tostones (crispy fried green plantains with garlic cilantro sauce)
- Pastelitos (pastries stuffed with savory fillings)
- Shrimp Skewers with jalapeno glaze served from a pineapple
- Fruit & Custard Tarts
- Special Beverages: mango juice drinks & mojitos
- Bird of Paradise, Oncidium orchids, mums, tropical foliage, and horsetail
- Table arrangements: bunches of horsetail displayed in silver napkin rings with orchid and mum blooms
- Tropical leaves used as table coverings
Lemon poppyseed scones wrapped in blue tissue & embellished with a custom favor sticker & colorful ribbon.
This fun theme and color palette could easily be tailored to any type of occasion! To keep this instance baby shower specific, Joanna included a few themed elements like the adorable little shoes pictured above and a few creative baby shower games, but you could easily swap those out to customize this theme for a special birthday party, bridal shower, engagement party, or anytime dinner party with friends.
Thanks for the inspiration, Joanna!