REAL PARTIES: Lingerie Bridal Shower

modern lingerie bridal shower

This fabulous "Sweet" Lingerie Bridal Shower hosted by photographer Melissa Rodriguez and friends looks so lovely & serene. They did a great job of creating a clean, contemporary feel with light pinks, blue, chocolate, and white. Read on for details of the gorgeous invitations, party decor, a creative desserts & treats buffet, simple-chic flowers and seriously adorable handmade party favors!

modern lingerie bridal shower

Serving desserts & treats on all-white platters like the girls did for the fondue bar really makes the colors and presentation of the food stand out, in addition to bringing a clean, modern feel to the buffet. And a chocolate fountain always creates the feel of a special occasion…

modern lingerie bridal shower

These fun, creative invitations really set the tone for the shower and are the perfect preview for a stylish, upscale-looking soirée…

modern lingerie bridal shower

The invitations were made by Creative Paper Trail and I don’t see them available in their Etsy shop right now, but the template is simple enough to try your hand at these on your own using decorative scrapbook papers and ready-made flower and rhinestone scrapbook embellishments.

When it comes to floral arrangements, simplicity can be stunning. Case in point…

modern lingerie bridal shower

I love the look of flower stems submerged in water and jars filled with monochromatic candies – especially when there’s chocolate involved!

modern lingerie bridal shower

The soft colors of the shower really pop against the chic, dark espresso furniture in Melissa’s house. It’s always important to keep the colors of your space in mind when choosing the colors of your party to make sure they work with your decorative efforts and not against them!

modern lingerie bridal shower

modern lingerie bridal shower

Last but not least, how great are these lingerie-shaped sugar cookie favors?! Believe it or not, they were all handmade by Melissa and her mom. Impressive! The favor tags read: "Sweets for a sweet friend."

modern lingerie bridal shower

modern lingerie bridal shower

***

Congrats on a beautiful shower, girls! Thanks for all the sweet visual inspiration!

33 responses to “REAL PARTIES: Lingerie Bridal Shower”

1. Jessica says:

GORGEOUS!!! It really does have a “lovely & serene” feel. The invitations and cookies are way too cute!

2. Beautiful! Love the look of the floating flowers. I’m working on a bridal spa day. I will probably bring in something like the goodies on the table: strawberries, rice crispies. Lingerie theme is genius.

3. becky says:

Wow, so cute, and not trashy. I love the cookies and invitations. Perfect!

4. So sweet and not trashy like those parties can tend to be. Love the cookies!

5. Lauren says:

Lovely party! The favors really are amazing – I totally would’ve thought they were ordered from a specialty store!

6. happyathome says:

Oh I love the cookies, I have to try them for my sister-in-law’s Bachelorett party the summer. Thanks for the post and for keeping it real!

7. Thank you Jenn for blogging about our party and thanks to everyone for the kind comments. I really appreciate them! :)

8. Dawn says:

What an awesome shower!! I wished I knew someone getting married, so many great ideas. I am having a martini party and we are having a chocolate fountain as well, so I’m glad to see it is still “in style”

9. cohnsey says:

awesome ideas…thank you!!

10. Love it! I just had a bridal shower and am now working on the details for the upcoming lingerie shower. This gives me some really great inspiration. Thanks for sharing!

11. Erin says:

Yes, the cookies are really fun and I really like the color theme. Soft and relaxing. I’ll have to share with my sister.
    A great place to make a great gift to even give a gift is: http://www.celebratingmystory.com
    You can create your own storybook, cards (invites on both sides), calendars and posters. They have a really nice canvas poster that would be a great for a wedding gift. Contact the consultant and she can help you put together your books. She’s really great. I’m hooked on making several books as surprises for my sister and parents. I’ve been interviewing them so I can add their thoughts to the books and they won’t know it until they get back from their honeymoon. My parents will get theirs at the same time. I can’t wait!!!
    Bride’s maids can go in together and get a great package for the bride and groom to make several books. Thank you cards, you can make specially for each person if you want to. What a great way to say, Thank you”
    Do check it out–It’s so cool! http://www.celebratingmystory.com

12. Lisa G says:

Wow, what a pretty shower. I love the invitaiton!

13. Amy says:

Love the cookies and want to make them for my sisters bachlorette party. Do you have the recipe for your frosting? I can never make one that hardens, for packaging. Please let me know! Thanks ~

14. Thank you. :) I got the cookie cutter off of ebay. Just search for bikini cookie cutter. The icing we use is the Wilton royal icing recipe, but I think my mom adds something else for flavoring, but I’m not sure exactly what it is…she’s the baker and I’m the cookie decorator. ;) Hope that helps!

15. Tanya Arjoon says:

Oh this is just lovely, i wish i had seen these ideas before my shower. Well i guess i can have a birthday party with this theme . It is sooooo sweet

16. Joni says:

This is idea darling! I’m doing a baby shower so I think I’ll change the cookie shape to rattles & baby carriages. I had already planned on using two chocolate fountains, since a room full of ladies can never have enough chocolate! FYI if anyone is looking for colored chocolate for their chocolate fountain to match a theme, I ordered pink chocolate fountain fondue online from http://www.fondue4you.com and a bag of milk chocolate. My sister and I did a early taste test just to be sure and both flavors are devine!

17. Chocolate Fountains are great for any type of party, they are fun and elegant way to serve dessert.

18. Down Pillow says:

That is a cute theme – how creative.

19. Sonja says:

Are those dots piped or are they candy? They are so cute…

20. Sonja says:

What color was the back of the invite? The words wern’t printed on the dark color were they?

21. Melissa says:

Hi Sonja! The dots were piped. And the back was just layered with the light blue paper (not the floral) for easy reading. We printed in brown ink. Thanks!

22. Lindsey says:

I love the cookies! I have been trying to find a cookie cutter like it but no luck.

23. Stephanie says:

ok these cookies are the absolute cutest thing i have seen! i’m getting married in october & my mom is getting married next january- we will definately be making some of these! They are so sweet & I know all the girls will LOVE them! Thanks for sharing your ideas!!!

24. […] a bra fitting appointment might be a good way to confirm it!) Another good idea is to include some lingerie-shaped sugar cookie favors. Now, how cute are […]

25. Daisy says:

what kind of dough did you use for the cookies!

26. Daisy says:

I am having problems with the cookie expanding too much

27. Charmayne says:

How do you find a consultant to do a lingerie party?
    Portland Oregon

28. Christin says:

Any ideas how to hang paper lanterns from a ceiling. I assume clear fishing line was used but not sure how to adhere the fishing line to the ceiling (hanging them in my house, flat sheetrock). I want to avoid anything looking too obvious/ tacky.

29. Kel says:

I found the cookies cutters on Ebay for super cheap and tried to make a batch of sugar cookies but they ouffed up. The shower in in 4 days! HELP!!! What recipe did you use for the sugar cookies and do you need to roll them out to a certain thickness?! Help please… Thanks

30. dayanara says:

I love this showe!

31. I apologize for all the unanswered questions! I forgot to come back and check the post. I just had someone contact me with questions, so I thought I would post my response in hopes that it might help future party planners with questions.

This is a great resource for the sugar cookie recipe and icing tutorials. http://www.sweetopia.net

The cookie cutters were purchased off of ebay. Do a search for bikini cookie cutters.

The invitations were purchased from http://www.etsy.com/shop/creativepapertrail
    Under the info section on the right hand side, you will see “contact creativepapertrail.” Click on that and you can send Andrea a message!
    She can give you a quote and discuss your colors, timeline, etc. She’s great to work with and is SO talented. They don’t necessarily have to be listed in her shop because she loves custom orders!

Hope this helps! Any future questions can be e-mailed to [email protected] and you will receive a response!

32. […] {Image Via Hostess with the Mostess} […]