26 Jun

REAL PARTIES: Modern Garden Birthday

REAL PARTIES: Modern Garden Birthday

Today’s featured “real party” is ridiculously cute! This contemporary Garden Party theme was created to celebrate the first birthday of Mark & Mandy’s adorable daughter, Elsie – but the look would also translate beautifully into a bridal shower, baby shower, or birthday for older girls as well…

REAL PARTIES: Modern Garden Birthday

From the get-go, Mandy paid attention to all those little details. How cute are the invitations pictured above?! That’s the birthday girl featured on the invite, wearing one of the flower headbands that were the inspiration for the entire party.

REAL PARTIES: Modern Garden Birthday

Coordinating paper patterns were used throughout the party – on everything from the lining of the invitation envelope to the party hats, cupcake tower, and loads of butterfly silhouettes that adorned the windows, walls, and flower arrangements. Acrylic discs were also backed with colorful papers to create the cool table motif pictured above and below.

REAL PARTIES: Modern Garden Birthday

The centerpiece of the table was a 5 tiered cupcake display, made from scratch using cake discs, cake pillars, hot glue and screws, and decorative paper.

REAL PARTIES: Modern Garden Birthday

REAL PARTIES: Modern Garden Birthday

Little bottles of bubbles embellished with paper and butterflies made fun favors for little ones…

REAL PARTIES: Modern Garden Birthday

And here’s a peek at the inspiration that kicked off all this wonderful creativity…those cute flower headbands (from the $1 bins at Target, by the way), and of course, the guest of honor, herself!

REAL PARTIES: Modern Garden Birthday

Amazing party, Mandy – thanks for sharing!

59Comments

amy SAYS:

This is ridiculously cute, Mandy. I’m in love with the acrylic disc table topper. Just brilliant!

– Amy

Reply June 26, 2008 at 5:30 pm

Lily SAYS:

This is seriously the sweetest party ever! The bubbles are adorable – and I love the butterflies on the wall!! Great job!

Reply June 26, 2008 at 6:32 pm

alison SAYS:

i love the m&m’s in the glasses!

Reply June 26, 2008 at 6:41 pm

Mimi SAYS:

I love how you are posting all of these real parties! Keep them coming, this one is gorgeous! :)

Reply June 26, 2008 at 7:07 pm

Shelly G. SAYS:

I love this little party theme… Every part of it is darling… It makes me want to have a party :)

Reply June 26, 2008 at 9:51 pm

Julie Hansen SAYS:

where did you do the beautiful invitations?
Thanks for sharing such a darling party idea.

Reply June 26, 2008 at 11:30 pm

Indoor Water Fountains SAYS:

You party was an interesting one. All the pictures are really cute especially the kids with flower headband. It makes the feel of the garden party.

Reply June 27, 2008 at 5:35 am

Carrie SAYS:

Wow! I love this party! Its absolutely adorable. My favorite thing is that beautiful cupcake stand that Mandy created. It makes me want to have a little girl! Great job.

Reply June 27, 2008 at 7:23 am

Jenn SAYS:

Hi Julie –

Mandy actually designed the invitations herself, and here’s what she said about the production:

“For the invites I printed the invite and then printed the pattern on pink paper for the back. I spraymounted the pieces together. I made envelope inserts to bring the patterned paper in, and used Zazzle for the custom Elsie stamps.”

Cheers,
Jenn :)

Reply June 27, 2008 at 10:01 am

megan SAYS:

Where did all those butterflies come from? Handcut? Various size hole punches? Store bought? I must know! They are too cute!

Reply June 27, 2008 at 11:18 am

Jenn SAYS:

Hi Megan –

Here’s Mandy’s answer to your butterflies question:

“The butterflies on the bubbles (tiny ones) were punched using a martha stewart punch, but the other butterflies were all hand cut. I found a “butterfly template” online and then cut it out on bristol board and used it to trace onto the paper. We cut and cut butterflies so we could have some swarms through the house. :)

One quick note: all of the paper was from Hobby Lobby – scrapbook paper which was patterned on the front and a matching color on the back so there was visual interest from all angles. We had them up in our house for a couple of weeks. ”

- Jenn :)

Reply June 27, 2008 at 1:32 pm

Maryann SAYS:

Love the party. Very cute. i’m throwing my son’s 1st bday next month and we are doing a barnyard theme. How did you make the cupcake stand? I’m planning on making cupcakes for his party and would love to display on something similar. Thanks.

Reply June 27, 2008 at 2:02 pm

Jeannine SAYS:

Hi Loved your party. what did you use to hang the butterflies so that it didn’t hurt your paint on the walls?

Reply June 27, 2008 at 3:44 pm

Leslie Swan SAYS:

That was such a cute party idea! Much different from the typical Elmo birthday party!

Reply June 29, 2008 at 8:47 am

Michelle SAYS:

I love it. We need a Animal theme one! :)

Reply June 30, 2008 at 5:01 pm