I recently stumbled across these these adorable “Thing 1 & Thing 2” twin onesies (based off the characters in The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Suess), and thought they’d be the perfect inspiration for a baby shower for twins! The colors are spunky and fun, and I love the idea of incorporating a “wild thing” vibe with zebra prints as a play on the character names. Here are a few ideas for bringing this baby shower to life… (Click on “Read More” at the bottom of the post for detailed ideas & product info).
Centerpieces & Party Decor:
Centerpiece & Party Decor Arrangements:
• Feature blumeboxes in jet-set black and eucalyptus (light blue), embellished with white blumebox boas and personalized ribbons in black zebra and blue stripes
• use 2 of the shorter 6″ blumeboxes for your table centerpiece (one of each color, decorated with contrasting bands) and set them right next to each other. Using alphabet thickers and orange cardstock, make little signs to add to the center of each blumebox that say “twins” or “thing 1” and “thing 2”. Fill the boxes with orange flowers or fluffy orange and white ostrich feathers
• create more arrangements using the larger size blumeboxes to use elsewhere in the party!
• Hang the “Thing 1 & Thing 2” twin onesies on the wall or a makeshift clothesline. Feature other coordinating baby gear displayed in sets of 2 throughout the party – 2 pairs of baby socks, booties, pacifiers, hats, etc.
Orange, light blue, and black & white zebra print make for a fun & funky tablescape!
• 10″ Serengeti Black & White Zebra Plates
• Just Dots Pastel Blue Lunch Napkins with Zebra Personalized Blumebox Ribbons as “napkin rings” and a single bright orange vase gem accent.
• Orange Utensils
• Just Dots Blue 8″ Dessert/Salad Plates
• Orange Beverage Napkins
• Old-fashioned Tangerine Stick Candy – place 2 sticks at the top of each place setting, tied together with a light blue ribbon and a little tag that reads “twins”.
What do you think? If you have more ideas that would be fun for this theme, please share them here! We’d love to do a photo shoot for this theme and incorporate some of your ideas as well!