19 May

SATC Soirée: Cocktail Glasses

sex and the city party

Yes – I’ll admit it – I’ve been looking forward to May 30th for what seems like forever! But you know what excites me about the Sex and the City movie even more than the picture itself? The fact that it’s giving us a fabulous excuse to get together with the girls and inspiring all this great buzz around the web about planning girls nights and SATC soirées!

I love the idea of hosting a "pre-party" at home a few days before actually seeing the movie. No need to show up in the Manalos at this party (which is a good thing since I have yet to actually own any!) … just gather the girls, serve up some easy cocktails & takeout, kick back on the couch, and watch episodes from the last season to get everyone up to speed on where we left off with the SATC gang.

To add a festive touch to the party, "sass up" martini glasses with feathers & other girlie details. In the image above, taken at a friend’s bachelorette party, we decorated pink plastic martini glasses with black marabou craft boa, hot pink sequin trim, and craft rhinestones (all available at Michael’s). Suddenly the "regular" martinis just seemed way more fun!

What fun things are you doing to celebrate the upcoming Sex and the City premier? Throwing a party at home? Meeting for drinks with the girls?

11Comments

Juli SAYS:

I’m going over to a friends house – and I’m not sure exactly what all she’s planning, but exactly what you described sounds perfect! Cocktails, takeout, DVD, and comfortable shoes!! :)

Reply May 19, 2008 at 6:52 pm

vicki SAYS:

around 20 of us are meeting for drinks ( cosmos of course) before hand then off to see the movie – dress code is fabulous and even more fabulous shoes i am wearing a purple pair with feathers

Reply May 20, 2008 at 4:11 am

Michelle SAYS:

We’re meeting for dinner and cocktails then heading over to the theatre to see the movie.

Reply May 20, 2008 at 7:34 am

Katie SAYS:

We’re “pre-partying” before the show at my house on Saturday – and sipping cosmos of course! – then heading off to the late show. Can’t wait!!!

Reply May 20, 2008 at 11:16 am

Kim O. SAYS:

I’ve had May 30th marked on my calendar forever, too! Like other people said, some neighbors and I are getting cocktails and dinner before the movie. But now I am inspired to have a mini SATC marathon at my house before, too. Great idea, Jenn!

Reply May 21, 2008 at 3:02 pm

Leslie Swan SAYS:

Are you going to be using these at YOUR house for any particular reason??? Perhaps they could come in very handy next weekend?!?! A SATC marathon would be great after, say, a baby shower!

Reply May 22, 2008 at 8:09 am

Michelle Michel SAYS:

I am attending a “Ventura & the City” fundraiser event for a entrepreneur women’s group (they assist women create/own/keep businesses going). The downtown area will have 4 cafe/bars that we will “pre-party” at, get goodie bags, eat great appetizers and have cocktails of course. We then will walk next door the the theatre! Over 250 women will be attending! I am a start up home based cupcake business and will be providing over 200 mini cupcakes. I will be naming the 4 flavors after each Sex and the City character thanks to your website!! Thanks

Reply May 26, 2008 at 12:54 pm

ballergirl SAYS:

I was actually invited to talk about Sex and the City on XM radio…we talked about our favorite episodes in celebration of the movie release. It was so fun!!!

Reply May 29, 2008 at 11:35 am

Wendy SAYS:

I know it’s the week after the premiere, BUT I am having a party this Saturday for about 12 of my girlfriends. I am going all out w/ some yummy Asian appetizers, the cutest gift “shoe” boxes w/ the Charlotte cookie from The Flour Pot, fuchsia mini martini shakers from Martini Martini and mini Absolut flavored vodkas, recipes for a Cosmo and a Tropical Frozen Martini and some sexy themed novelty items. We’re meeting at my house to eat, drink and watch episodes of the show , play some SATC trivia games, and then go to the movie. Can’t wait! I’ll send photos for the Real Parties section:)

Reply June 5, 2008 at 9:00 pm

Rebecca SAYS:

I am trying to find an Arabian SATC party I thought was featured here, do you know where I can find it?

Reply May 14, 2010 at 2:07 pm