Hip Hostess Series: San Diego

hip hostess series Chambord

I’m excited to share that HWTM is teaming up with Chambord Black Raspberry Liqueur to host a series of events for readers! For this "Hip Hostess Series", we’ll be traveling to 7 cities across the US over the next 12 months putting on (free) entertaining workshops/parties where you can pick up tips and ideas for seasonal & holiday entertaining…and indulge in some yummy food and cocktails of course!

The first event is next Thursday, May 22nd in San Diego, and we’ll be covering ideas for throwing "Tropical Zen" summer parties – kind of a fusion of Hawaiian and Asian styles with a contemporary twist. If you’re interested in attending, you can click here to rsvp for the event online (space is limited, so please rsvp soon!). The party stars at 6 o’clock pm and will be held at The Hospitality Room in Balboa Park (near downtown San Diego). Click here for directions.

hip hostess series Chambord

*The next party is scheduled for June 25th in Chicago and will be held at The Ivy Room. Click here to sign up for that event!

Looking forward to meeting some of you in person finally!

44 responses to “Hip Hostess Series: San Diego”

1. Kelly says:

Sounds like such a FUN event! I would love to attend!

2. amy says:

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! This is so awesome.

I’m sure St. Louis is on your list, right? Right???

Good luck with the series. I know you’ll be fabulous!

3. Meg Perotti says:

If you do any Los Angeles events I’d love to photograph it!

4. Jenn says:

Amy –
    I wish St. Louis was on the list! But, alas, no go…maybe I can sweet talk them into it :) So far it’s Dallas, Chicago, Miami, Boston, NY, LA, and San Diego…feel like taking a trip? ;)

Meg –
    We ARE doing an LA event – but of course it’s the very last one, so it’s not for almost a year! Maybe we can touch base then though :)

5. Betrice says:

When will you be coming to Dallas?

6. Sharon says:

Oh how you tease! What a pickle, I am right in between your DTSD and your LA event. Next week is out for me but I will certainly give LA a shot! See you in a year.

7. Jenn says:

Hi Beatrice –
    Dallas is tentatively scheduled for late October. Here’s the “working” list we have planned right now:

Chicago – June 25
    New York in late August
    Dallas in late October
    Boston in early December
    LA in mid-February
    Miami in mid-April

I’ll keep you guys posted as things get more finalized, though!

8. Diana H. says:

When you do get around to the LA one I’ll definitely be there! Congratulations on such a great venture! I’m sure it will be a big success.

9. Darshae D. says:

It would be fantastic if you had an event on the east coast!

10. Mimi says:

Sounds exciting! I hope your itinerary includes Miami :)

11. Jenn says:

Mimi – The itinerary DOES include Miami! (but not until next year, so it will be a while!)

Darshae – we also have events planned for NY in August and Boston in early December. hope you can make one of them! :)

12. Jacinda says:

Im so excited for the San Diego event! I tried to register and it wouldn’t go through. Ill try again tomorrow!

13. Jenn says:

Hi Jacinda –
    Sorry about that! If it helps you can just email your info to “info [at]” and we can manually add you to the list.

We’ll just n need first/last name, # of guests and date of birth.
    Jenn :)

14. Tia says:

Phoenix is calling your name!

15. Trayce says:

hey I am actually in San Diego that week. I live in San ANTONIO but i grew up in San DIEGO. How cool is that – unfortunatly we are there for my sisters college graduation (finally) and it’s that day. UGH, just my luck. Have fun

16. Cheryl Ann says:

I agree… Phoenix would LOVE to have you!!!

17. Jenn says:

Thanks Tia and Cheryl Anne! That’s so nice of you! Pheonix sounds like a very friendly place so far :)

18. can I vote for Portland?? (the Oregon one that is) I am so jealous of those other locations. :-) Keep us posted on the schedule!

19. Brandy K says:

I am so excited to hear that you are coming to Dallas! I can’t wait! I have some very funky wine accessories that I would love to donate to the event if it fits the theme! Love you site!
    Can’t wait until October!

20. Hildee says:

Phoenix would be a great stop … make it in the fall though! Rather toasty during the summer!! :)

would luv to see ya!!!