Hip Hostess Series: San Diego

hip hostess series Chambord

I’m excited to share that HWTM is teaming up with Chambord Black Raspberry Liqueur to host a series of events for readers! For this "Hip Hostess Series", we’ll be traveling to 7 cities across the US over the next 12 months putting on (free) entertaining workshops/parties where you can pick up tips and ideas for seasonal & holiday entertaining…and indulge in some yummy food and cocktails of course!

The first event is next Thursday, May 22nd in San Diego, and we’ll be covering ideas for throwing "Tropical Zen" summer parties – kind of a fusion of Hawaiian and Asian styles with a contemporary twist. If you’re interested in attending, you can click here to rsvp for the event online (space is limited, so please rsvp soon!). The party stars at 6 o’clock pm and will be held at The Hospitality Room in Balboa Park (near downtown San Diego). Click here for directions.

hip hostess series Chambord

*The next party is scheduled for June 25th in Chicago and will be held at The Ivy Room. Click here to sign up for that event!

Looking forward to meeting some of you in person finally!

Cheers,
Jenn

44 responses to “Hip Hostess Series: San Diego”

1. Kelly says:

Sounds like such a FUN event! I would love to attend!

2. amy says:

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! This is so awesome.

I’m sure St. Louis is on your list, right? Right???

Good luck with the series. I know you’ll be fabulous!

3. Meg Perotti says:

If you do any Los Angeles events I’d love to photograph it!

4. Jenn says:

Amy –
    I wish St. Louis was on the list! But, alas, no go…maybe I can sweet talk them into it :) So far it’s Dallas, Chicago, Miami, Boston, NY, LA, and San Diego…feel like taking a trip? ;)

Meg –
    We ARE doing an LA event – but of course it’s the very last one, so it’s not for almost a year! Maybe we can touch base then though :)

Cheers,
    Jenn

5. Betrice says:

When will you be coming to Dallas?

6. Sharon says:

Oh how you tease! What a pickle, I am right in between your DTSD and your LA event. Next week is out for me but I will certainly give LA a shot! See you in a year.

7. Jenn says:

Hi Beatrice –
    Dallas is tentatively scheduled for late October. Here’s the “working” list we have planned right now:

Chicago – June 25
    New York in late August
    Dallas in late October
    Boston in early December
    LA in mid-February
    Miami in mid-April

I’ll keep you guys posted as things get more finalized, though!

Cheers,
    Jenn

8. Diana H. says:

When you do get around to the LA one I’ll definitely be there! Congratulations on such a great venture! I’m sure it will be a big success.

9. Darshae D. says:

It would be fantastic if you had an event on the east coast!

10. Mimi says:

Sounds exciting! I hope your itinerary includes Miami :)

11. Jenn says:

Mimi – The itinerary DOES include Miami! (but not until next year, so it will be a while!)

Darshae – we also have events planned for NY in August and Boston in early December. hope you can make one of them! :)

12. Jacinda says:

Im so excited for the San Diego event! I tried to register and it wouldn’t go through. Ill try again tomorrow!

13. Jenn says:

Hi Jacinda –
    Sorry about that! If it helps you can just email your info to “info [at] hwtm.com” and we can manually add you to the list.

We’ll just n need first/last name, # of guests and date of birth.
    Jenn :)

14. Tia says:

Phoenix is calling your name!

15. Trayce says:

hey I am actually in San Diego that week. I live in San ANTONIO but i grew up in San DIEGO. How cool is that – unfortunatly we are there for my sisters college graduation (finally) and it’s that day. UGH, just my luck. Have fun

16. Cheryl Ann says:

I agree… Phoenix would LOVE to have you!!!

17. Jenn says:

Thanks Tia and Cheryl Anne! That’s so nice of you! Pheonix sounds like a very friendly place so far :)

18. can I vote for Portland?? (the Oregon one that is) I am so jealous of those other locations. :-) Keep us posted on the schedule!

19. Brandy K says:

I am so excited to hear that you are coming to Dallas! I can’t wait! I have some very funky wine accessories that I would love to donate to the event if it fits the theme! Love you site!
    Can’t wait until October!

20. Hildee says:

Phoenix would be a great stop … make it in the fall though! Rather toasty during the summer!! :)

would luv to see ya!!!

21. Kim O. says:

Jenn-how about a trip to Raleigh??? Maybe I can make it to Miami next April, though…Hmmm, maybe a Miami girls trip would be a fun idea!!!

22. Erin says:

When you come to Boston let us know! We’d love to help out another Simply Stated blogger.

23. Jenn says:

Thanks, Erin! I would love to meet you guys!

Brandy – thanks so much for the generous offer. Keep you posted on the theme…I have a pretty good feeling it will be Halloween-related!

Kim – a girls trip sounds great! I don’t think I can wait until next April…let’s start rounding up the crew and try to plan a trip this summer if everyone can swing it! Of course I’d be more than happy to ALSO see you in Miami ;)

24. Nicole says:

This does look like fun! Boston in early December – just in time for the holiday season… I’ll be looking out for details and raving reviews of your Chicago, New York and Dallas events!

25. Carmen says:

Bummer, I went to register and it says capacity full. I hope you do another soon.
    Wishes much success.

26. Dash says:

Awesome! Are you guys going to be in the San Francisco area too? Thanks.

27. This sounds so cool! Any chance for a Toronto, Canada date? Count me in!!

28. Nicole says:

Hi Jenn!
    I am so totally excited for your Dallas event, can I put my name on the list now? :-) If you need calligraphy for the event, I would love to help you out!
    Take care and see you in October!

29. Jenn says:

Carmen –
    So sorry about the RSVP list closing :( Thanks so much for the well-wishes though!

Dash-
    Unfortunately S.F. isn’t on the schedule right now – but I would love it if it was – most of our family lives near there!

Ariane –
    A Canada trip would be so fun! But so far the locations are all is in the U.S.

Nicole –
    Thanks so much for offering to help! We haven’t planned out the details of the theme yet, but I’ll keep you posted!

30. Robin says:

Jen

I see you’re not coming to the Detroit area but do you see this in the future? We’d love to have you here and this event sounds awesome.

31. Jenn says:

Thanks so much, Robin! As of now, we only have the 7 cities mentioned above budgeted for, but if anything changes you guys will be the first to know :)

32. michelle says:

another vote for st. louis!

33. […] major blueberry kick this past week… We had several packages of blueberries leftover from an event we hosted last Thursday, and we’re not talking about those small grocery-store packages, but rather the huge […]

34. Fifi says:

Interested in Los Angeles event… have one planned?

35. Jenn says:

Hi Fifi –
    We do have an LA event on the calendar – but it’s not until next February, so it will be a while! I’ll post specific dates & theme details once we get closer to that time and have everything planned out :)

Cheers,
    Jenn

36. Charlene says:

I just RSVP’d for your Chicago event! I’m so glad I saw your post and look forward to meeting you!

37. Wendy says:

So cool! Sounds like a great event. Wish you were coming to the DC area. Good luck w/ the Chicago event!

38. Can’t wait to hear more details about the event in Dallas!

39. Carrie Stratton says:

Hi Jenn,
    I registered to the Chicago event that is taking place over a month ago, and I never received a confirmation email. Were confirmation emails sent out to the people who signed up for the event?
    Thanks!
    Carrie

40. Jenn says:

Hi Carrie –
    I’m not sure because Chambord handles the RSVP list, but I’ll double check with them that your name is on there today, and if it’s not I’m sure we can add it :) Keep ya posted!

Jenn