21 Apr

The Eco-Chic Table

The Eco Chic Table

When it comes to entertaining, eco-friendly + easy = good for the environment AND for your stress level! Here are some ridiculously simple ideas that make for attractive, eco-chic tablescapes…

Centerpiece Ideas:
Stack interesting veggies and colorful fruits in pretty bowls that you already own.
Pictured above: Artichokes make for a unique & surprisingly elegant centerpiece, and vibrant oranges stacked in an earth-friendly bamboo bowl deliver a big splash of color.

Choose potted plants over cut flowers for a sustainable centerpiece that will last long after the party is over!
Pictured below: 3 mini house plants look chic when displayed in simple white flower pots ($1 each at IKEA) embellished with natural raffia.

The Eco Chic Table

Tableware & Party Decor
Use real or biodegradable dishes, utensils, and linens.
Pictured above: Veneerware Plates from Bambu™ are made from 100% organically grown bamboo and will biodegrade within 4-6 months of disposal! Sprigs of fresh thyme and raffia make for a pretty napkin presentation.

Decorate with potted plants instead of large cut-flower bouquets.
Potted flowers and herbs are an earth-friendly alternative to large cut flower bouquets and great choices for dressing up food & drink tables.

What are some of the ways that you like to party green?

7Comments

Tiffany SAYS:

The artichokes look amazing!

Reply April 21, 2008 at 2:07 pm

Lauren SAYS:

i love decorating with fruit too – especially green granny smith apples and bright yellow lemons!

Reply April 21, 2008 at 4:12 pm

Tracey SAYS:

I love to decorate with all of these items. I am a huge fan of buying things in season and shopping the local farmer’s market. And the bonus with a bowl of fruit- studies show that you will grab a piece of fruit if you see it, over hunting for the chips in the pantry. Pretty and good for the waistline!

Reply April 21, 2008 at 4:23 pm

Tea Party Girl SAYS:

I stay green by borrowing before I buy what I need for my table and trusting my guests don’t have to leave stuffed to have a great time.

Reply April 21, 2008 at 4:29 pm

Jimmy SAYS:

this kind of flower pots is good ,we are the factory make this kind of the biodegrade flower pots,we use bamboo and rice hull,we want to find wholesaler here,we off this at a very good price,if anyone interested in it ,could contact me at jimmyhefei@gmail.com,every question will be answered clearly.If you need any info about our products,kindly contact me.

Reply March 19, 2009 at 10:29 pm

Queena SAYS:

We are the manufacturer specializing in biodegradable flower pots produce. If you are interested in our pot, pls email at: ching-815@hotmail.com

Reply August 10, 2009 at 6:23 pm