the TeaSpot: Automatic Teapot

steepware modern teapot by the TeaSpot

In keeping with the tea theme today… I wanted to share another fabulous find that should appeal to modern design lovers out there: the world’s first Automatic Teapot! The newest product from eco-conscious company the TeaSpot, this contemporary teapot has an integrated timer that you can set for the type of tea you want – black, green, or herbal.

Then, it automatically removes the loose leaves from the water at the correct time so you always end up with a perfectly steeped pot of tea… nice! Even Oprah is a fan!

steepware modern teapot by the TeaSpot

the TeaSpot also has a great line of Steeping Cups and Steeping Mugs in fun colors. I’m especially loving the vibrant yellow and lime green hues for spring!

15 responses to “the TeaSpot: Automatic Teapot”

1. Jill says:

My friend was telling me about this product, but I couldn’t remember the name of the company. Thanks for featuring it – perfect timing!

2. Katie says:

LOVE the look of this teapot! The built in timer sounds great too…very tempting!

3. Carla says:

Those steeping cups are super cute!

4. I’m a big fan of your site and tea, but not this teapot. My entry here explains why.

5. It sounds handy. I sometimes forget to time the infusion when I am in front of my computer

6. Sara says:

such a great looking product – and wonderful color combo with the black and green

7. Gabrielle Fallucci says:

I’m so happy to see my teapot on this site! We make tea every day, so i bought one as soon as i saw it in Oprah, and it’s become my favorite teapot…

8. Tracey says:

Just need some modern “munchies” or tea sandwiches to go with it. Great design in a simple way.

9. Paul says:

Well if Oprah likes it…

10. Bob says:

My first thought was not a positive one after reading about this teapot. Where has the personal touch gone. Does everything have to be Automatic? It does look good though.

11. Chris says:

I agree with what Bob said. This just removes the personal connection to what I feel should be very personal indeed. That is what tea is about to me.

12. Susan says:

To each their own, I guess – because the idea of an automatic teapot sounds pretty good to me! Love the color combo too!

13. Marisa says:

automatic tea pot? i dunno, I still like the idea of enjoying a good cup of tea the old fashion way. I suppose is good for people that is always on the go. I love the colors too.

14. […] Automatic Teapot The Automatic Teapot has an inbuilt timer which you can set. At the right time, the teapot will automatically lift the loose leaves from the water. It is available from The Teaspot. Via Hostess. […]

15. Vel J. says:

This is so cool. I can never get the timing right, but this might solve it. I am in:)