Sweets 04.24.08

Luscious Lemon Desserts

lemon dessert recipes

MarthaStewart.com has a fabulous Lemon Desserts gallery featuring lots of yummy-looking treats that should appeal to fans of this popular citrus flavor. The image above of Lemon Madeleines looks especially scrumptious to me for some reason, but the Glazed Lemon Pound Cake, Lemon Custard Cakes, and Lemon-Berry Pudding Cakes don’t sound too shabby either!

lemon dessert recipes

lemon dessert recipes

How adorable are the little Lemon Souffles pictured above?! And pictured below: Lemon Custard Cakes and Glazed Lemon Pound Cake

lemon dessert recipes

14 responses to “Luscious Lemon Desserts”

1. Mrs. Kim says:

I’m OBSESSED with lemon and these look absolutely delicious!! Thanks for making my mouth water at 8:45 in the morning :)

2. Becky says:

Wow.. I really want to try the lemon custard cake.. it’s looks amazing!! Can I have dessert for breakfast?

3. Jenn says:

Becky –
    I have to admit that I have dessert for breakfast more often than one should! At least with the word “lemon” in it it sounds kind of healthy, right? ;)

4. Katie says:

We served lemon madeleins at my wedding and they were absolutely fabulous! I wish I had some now!

5. Deda says:

I needed a reason to buy a Madeleine Pan!
    Thanks you so much.

Your blog is great, I just love coming here to look around.

D

6. Liz says:

Yummy! My mom loves lemon, one of these might be perfect for Mother’s Day.

7. cake recipes says:

[…] The image above of Lemon Madeleines looks especially scrumptious to me for some reason, but the Glahttp://blog.hwtm.com/2008/04/luscious-lemon-desserts/Little Cake Bakery: The little cake that could Creative Loafing AtlantaCupcakes on Roswell Road in […]

8. Oy, everyone’s talking about yummy lemon desserts and I’m here suffering because my husband doesn’t like citrus!

9. Tracey says:

Just made a cheesecake and topped it with lemon curd. Lemon anything is my favorite dessert! I will have to try some of these.

10. I agree with Liz, these would be so good for Mother’s Day afternoon tea. Yum!

11. Grace says:

My sister-in-law has a soft lemon dining room, and I wanted to do a painting that would fit in with her color scheme. It was difficult to find a great photo to work from. Thank you this page is a help

12. connie says:

Can anyone suggest a good dessert to pair with Gruner Veltliner wine?

13. Jo Anne says:

I am trying my hand at pie crusts, have an extra one left and want to make a lemon dessert using the pie crust (not a pie). Any ideas? Can I use the pie crust for a lemon bar recipe?

14. jenn s. says:

Hi Jo Anne –
    Lemon bars would be perfect! Here’s an idea for you: