05 Mar

Mist Dinnerware

Absolutely loving this new dinnerware design from Crate&Barrel…contemporary botanical silhouettes in white, pale celadon and varying shades of misty blue. Click here to check out the entire collection.

Mist Dinnerware

7Comments

Jessica N. Condatore SAYS:

ooo, how pretty! i love those glassy blues

Reply March 5, 2008 at 2:50 pm

gina SAYS:

fabulous!!

Reply March 5, 2008 at 9:20 pm

Lyz SAYS:

All my fancy C&B dinnerware is chipping. I prefer less expensive dinnerware from CB2 or the great new styles at Target (many of which mimic C&B). That way, when they chip I don’t feel miserable.

Reply March 6, 2008 at 9:05 am

Nicola Pedley SAYS:

What beautiful shades of blue.

Reply March 6, 2008 at 2:36 pm

Pixie SAYS:

Ohh, that’s so pretty! I love it.

Reply March 6, 2008 at 6:16 pm

Lisa SAYS:

Hi there! I ran into this site and an ah ha moment happened! I have wanted to start my own event management business for sometime now and your site has given me the inspiration. Do you have any suggestions on where to begin and how to start successfully? I mainly want to do small dinner parties and special events. So thank you and any advice or other mentors that I could talk to about starting this business would be greatly appreciated!

Reply March 6, 2008 at 9:26 pm

hiphostess SAYS:

Hi Lisa –
I’d suggest contacting Melissa D. from Masterpiece Weddings. She’s a professional wedding planner and is super nice. She can probably give you some quick advice on how to get started.

My other advice it to approach it just like any other business startup – by researching what your costs will be, what kind of pricing other event planners charge for more personal/in-home events, and putting together a portfolio and marketing plan. You’ll probably need to stage a few dinner parties first or host your own for friends so that you can take pictures and give potential clients an idea of what you can do for them. Plus, these will be great test runs for you!

Then you just need to get your name out there! Blogs and websites are a great tool for that :) Good luck!
Jenn