26 Mar

First Birthday Party Ideas

First Birthday Party IdeasIf you’re on the lookout for some first birthday party ideas, here’s an article I recently did for TheCradle.com featuring 3 theme ideas and general tips for first birthday celebrations. Hopefully this will provide you with some inspiration! {Modern Tyke theme pictured here}

First Birthday Party Ideas

27Comments

michelle SAYS:

so cute!! The papers are fantastic. Great colors for a first birthday too (primary colors are cute for kids stuff)

Reply March 26, 2008 at 12:27 pm

the thorntons SAYS:

I love the colors, and the fact that you are posting modern kid theme ideas! I have been searching everywhere for ones… THANK YOU! I would to see a modern/chic zoo or animal themes :)

Reply March 26, 2008 at 5:03 pm

hiphostess SAYS:

More kids themes are the list! We actually recently shot 3 other kids themes, which will be up in the party themes section early next month, and will definitely work on some more animal themes. We’re big animal lovers over here too :)

Reply March 26, 2008 at 6:38 pm

Melissa Rodriguez Photography SAYS:

This is great! Thanks so much for the inspiration.

Reply March 26, 2008 at 8:33 pm

Houses, Couches and Babies SAYS:

Saw your entire feature at The Cradle. What cute ideas…and who is the doll in the pictures? Is he a baby model or something?!? :)

Reply March 27, 2008 at 10:22 pm

hiphostess SAYS:

hcb -
he’s a cutie, right?! I’ll let his mommy know that she should get him into modeling ;)

Reply March 28, 2008 at 9:41 am

Elle SAYS:

I love love love love love the giant, soft baby blocks! I went immediately to go buy them for a baby shower I’ll be throwing, but they are already all sold out! Any word from the company if/when they’ll have more?

Reply April 3, 2008 at 12:20 pm

hiphostess SAYS:

Hi Elle –
Such a bummer that they’re already sold out! I just sent them an email inquiring about it and will let you know what they say!

Reply April 3, 2008 at 12:53 pm

www.sugarandspicekid.com SAYS:

Reply July 9, 2008 at 7:07 pm

Shanon J. SAYS:

Hiphostess,

My Daughter’s 1st birthday is on Feb 14th – Valentine Baby! I would really appreciate it if you could email me some ideas on how put a cute / modern / valentine theme party together.

Thank you.

SJ

Reply August 20, 2008 at 10:48 am

Alexia Sotelo SAYS:

I love all these ideas! Everyone of them is so cute! Much better than the cheesy themes I have been seeing. My son was born on Dec. 18th and I want to throw a Christmas themed party. Any cute ideas that are hip and modern?

Thanks!

Reply August 20, 2008 at 8:22 pm

Ronetta SAYS:

I love all your ideas! I have been looking for themes/ideas for my son’s first birthday. My son’ s birthday is December 28th and I want to throw a party all about him. Do you have any cute, modern, not too expensive ideas? Thanks!

Reply October 6, 2008 at 11:38 am

leslie SAYS:

can you get any ideas in this color..i absolutely love it…like gift wrap? and the sign you have up there..that says 1st bday. my little girl will be turning 1 year old next month! i absolutely love your ideas. and they seem cheap. if u buy the other decor you will spend a billion$$$$!

thank you!

Reply October 14, 2008 at 11:16 am

jenn s. SAYS:

Hi Leslie –
Glad you like the ideas :)

All of the paper patterns pictured here are by American Crafts – here’s a link to view them online:

and you can purchase them here:

The first birthday “sign” is actually just a graphic I created for the article over at the cradle, but here’s a link to an Etsy shop that makes super cute custom banners, birthday hats, and more!

Cheers,
Jenn :)

Reply October 14, 2008 at 1:35 pm

Jennifer SAYS:

Thanks for the lovely ideas! Recently I took my son to a first birthday party where they put up a tv that played a musical snapshow made from digital pictures of their child’s first year. The video had a storyline showing the baby grow up from a newborn to the first tooth, first smile, first crawl etc and everything was beautifully choreographed to music with special effects and a personalized Happy Birthday song! They had got it done from http://www.smilingsnaps.com and it was so touching- I had never seen anything like that before!! I am planning to do something similar for my kid’s upcoming birthday- not only will it be fun in the party, but the DVD will be a permanent keepsake which my son would love to see when he grows up! Hope this helps.

Reply October 20, 2008 at 7:42 am