Game Day is almost here! If you’re still fine-tuning your party menu, here are a few especially "yum-o!" looking ideas from Everyday at Rachael Ray

Super Bowl Sunday   Lets Eat!
Recipe quick links:

And for some more tasty ideas, check out the Super Bowl party ideas on foodnetwork.com . I’m especially loving the look of the Super Bowl cake and Paula Deen’s Chili in a Biscuit Bowl . Click here to view ALL of the recipes – which include Cheesy Fried Empanadas, big game Guacamole, flavor-packed Deviled Eggs and more!

Super Bowl Sunday   Lets Eat!

11Comments

wendy SAYS:

This all looks so good – I can’t wait to eat all this yummy food on Sunday! The mini hot dogs are super cute too!

Reply February 1, 2008 at 8:30 pm

amber SAYS:

My hubby is hosting his first superbowl party, he’ll be all over these recipes!

Reply February 2, 2008 at 1:17 am

Lisa SAYS:

We’ve been making the Beer Margaritas for years now. You can’t really taste the beer. They are the best that I have had outside of a Mexican restaurant and so easy to make!

Reply February 2, 2008 at 9:17 am

The Mrs. SAYS:

Your site is too fabulous for words!!!! I had to add you to my blog roll.

Reply February 2, 2008 at 10:44 am

hiphostess SAYS:

Lisa – I’m excited to try the beer margaritas tomorrow too! Glad to hear the beer flavor isn’t too strong because I have to admit I love my “regular” margaritas too – but this idea seems way too appropriate for a Super Bowl party idea to pass up! (great hot pink wig by the way!)

The Mrs. – Thanks so much for the kudos! :)

Reply February 2, 2008 at 12:55 pm

Rachel SAYS:

Hey hostess … any ideas for baby shower “activities” that aren’t cheesy games????

Reply February 3, 2008 at 9:10 pm

hiphostess SAYS:

Hi Rachel -
I actually like to do activities rather than games. For example, getting a bunch of scrapbook paper & embellishments and having each guest decorate a page for either the baby book or the baby shower album, along with a little note from them to make the album more meaningful.

Another cute idea is to have guests decorate plain white onesies, baby socks, wash cloths, or receiving blankets with iron-on designs. You can actually find cute ones that guests can color ahead of time and then the hostess can iron them on. You can even have them “sign” their creation with a fabric pen :)

I also recently went to a baby shower where everyone decorated a small quilt square or wrote a note to baby or mom-to-be on it (if they were uncomfortable getting artistic) – and then the hostess had the squares incorporated into a baby quilt, which mom-to-be really loved.

Last but not least, for simpler “games” that aren’t overly cheesy, things like a celebrity baby match up (matching the baby’s name or picture to the celebrity mom) – or Baby Bingo (for guests to play while the gifts are opened) are usually good options – fun but overly juveline :)

Hope that helps!

Reply February 4, 2008 at 10:17 am

Sarah SAYS:

Beer margaritas sounded a little suspect at first, but I tried them and they are great. Thanks!

Reply February 6, 2008 at 6:02 pm

Ashley SAYS:

THE ONLY DAY I’M EXCITED TO GAIN A FEW POUNDS!!!!! SUPER BOWL BABY!! :o)

p.s.- just wish the titans made it :o/ next year right?

Reply February 5, 2010 at 10:10 pm