REAL PARTIES: Oh Baby! Baby Shower

oh baby! baby shower I recently stumbled upon a photo gallery of some super contemporary baby & bridal showers , and immediately had to find out who was behind all this creativity… Turns out the hostess behind it all is Amy Belle Isle from St Louis, Missouri – and from what I’ve gathered from her emails so far – she’s just as much fun as the parties she throws!

I’m excited to share one of Amy’s party designs with you today – the "Oh Baby!" Baby Shower . I love how she introduces this shower on her blog: "Q: Who says baby showers have to be pastels and lace? A: No modern girls I know! Treat your mom-to-be with a baby shower as hip as she is!"

oh baby! baby shower The Inspiration: fabulous polka dot gift wrap from Michaels

Table Centerpieces & Party Decor: Chinese lanterns from lunabazaar.com , tall blumeboxes adorned with sequin trim from Michaels, small vases embellished with ribbon, decorative circles cut from polka dot gift wrap, wooden block letters painted orange and pink, acrylic pink pacifiers

oh baby! baby shower Party Favors: DIY personalized paper weights made to match the invitations – with a message that says "The ‘weight’ for Baby Shockley is almost over ", fortune cookie-filled takeout boxes embellished with a sticker reading "Thank you for sharing in Ginger and Ron’s good fortune ".

Guest Packets: Each guest received a "guest packet" (a.k.a. cute embellished folder ) – that held 2 (non-cheesy) baby shower games, a stamped thank you card envelope to for guests to self-address, and a circle-shaped cardstock from Paper-Source for writing well-wishes and advice for mom-to-be.

Note: Sans the pacifiers and pregnant girl illustrations, this theme would work GREAT for a birthday party too!

——–
A little about Amy:
As the daughter of parents who owned Hallmark stores and "a mother who is the ultimate hostess", Amy likes to think that hosting events is in her blood. In addition to the showers and parties she puts on for friends, she recently started a party consulting business – Stem Parties – for patrons in the St. Louis area. Thanks so much for the inspiration, Amy!

43 responses to “REAL PARTIES: Oh Baby! Baby Shower”

1. Lauren says:

This is way way way too cute! Pink and orange is such a fantastic color combo!

2. amy * stem * says:

Girrrrrl, you make me look good. Thanks for the post! I love how you put it all together.

– Amy

3. jess says:

The sequin trim is great! I think I’ll do that for a bachelorette party I’m throwing but use black blumeboxes instead of brown. thanks!

4. joanna dyckhoff says:

super fabulous! thanks for the inspiration ladies!!!

5. A Bride in the Making says:

Pink, Orange and Brown!! I love this combo!

6. ellen says:

Oh, baby – is this ever CUTE! :)

7. Cara says:

SUPER cute, but did I read correctly, they gave them the envelope for their thank you card to self address ?! That really doesn’t sit well with me, I mean I took the time to go out, shop, and spend money on the gift I think the list the shower honoree can do is address the thank you note, maybe I mis-understood ?

8. hiphostess says:

Hi Cara –
    You did read correctly – and I understand your thinking – but this actually has been the norm at most of the showers I’ve attended recently too. I think the overall goal is to make things as easy as possible on mom-to-be, especially if there are a ton of guests.

Personally it hasn’t bothered me to address the envelope as a guest – since it still arrives with a hand-written note from mom inside :) But maybe a good alternative to this idea would be for the hostesses to take on the task of pre-addressing the envelopes for mom-to-be, since they should have the addresses from the invitations. Thanks for starting the discussion!

9. amy * stem * says:

Jenn,

Since the shower is really about making life easy for the new mom, pre-labeling for her is a great idea. I’m going to take credit for that.

Okay, not really…as far as you know. : )

– Amy

10. gina says:

Super cute! Love the color combo!

11. atibbs says:

Amy-
    Really cute ideas..love it. can you tell me where you got the image of the pregnant girl to use and also what other pregnancy game did you play besides the celebrity baby game? What did you give for prizes?

thanks so much!!!

Amy

12. amy * stem * says:

atibbs –

Thanks!

Game – I played a pricing game because my BFF knows I love game shows like they are going out of style. There were just some basic baby items with a “fake” price on them. Guests had to write down if they thought the real price was higher or lower. Tie-breaker was whomever got closest to the actual price of a final item w/o going over. It’s an easy game that isn’t too cheesy and the mom gets some basic baby gear to get started.

Pregnant lady image – I actually got it from a girl I met on The Nest website. I’m sorry I don’t remember her name though.

Feel free to email me at stemparties at gmail.com if you have any more questions. Happy to help!

– Amy

13. maria says:

Where oh where did you find those adorable invites? Did you make or buy them?

14. Vaishali says:

Wow what a fabulous idea. I am throwing a babyshower with the mod mom theme and the colors are pink and green I wish I saw this earlier because I love the pink and orange. Anyhow, I want to replicate the guest packets, where did you find the cute folders??? How did you decorate them? Also I believe someone else had also asked but where did you find the image of the pregant girl! Thanks for the great post!

15. martina says:

Great colors! Very fashionable these days. I just want to add that there are also lots of fun variations of orange and brown (and pink) paper lanterns – different shades, shapes, and textures. Here’s a link to lunabazaar’s paper lanterns page.

16. Roxxy says:

Hi,
    I absolutely love this!!! i am throwing a shower for my sister in law and we dont know if its a girl or boy so we are going to do brown yellow and green…..i just love the table runner….what is it ccalled? where can i shop for one…?

17. Honey says:

Hi,

I am planning for a baby shower but we do not know yet if its a girl or a boy. Since I have seen this pretty color combination of brown, pink and orange, I cannot think of any other color theme. I love it!!! I wanted to start working on the whole baby shower project with these colors, but I am afraid what if its a BOY?! Amy and Ladies what do you think – the combo of orange-brown-pink will work for baby boy shower? Thanks.

My email is [email protected]

18. jenn s. says:

Hi Honey –
    To keep things more neutral, I’d recommend avoiding pink…I’ve used these palettes before and they also look great together:
    • Chocolate, Orange & Bright Aqua (aqua is often worn by girls so it still works for both, especially with the orange accent. Check out this tropical baby shower theme for an example of this palette.)
    • Chocolate, Orange, & Lime Green
    • Orange, Lime Green, & Aqua
    OR – if you really want to use pink it’s fine as long as you also add a bright aqua or green color (or both) to balance it out – so it’s more of a multi-color feel.

Hope that helps! :)

19. angelica says:

good afternoon, i dont speak english so much but I`ll try to say that is so cute that combo in orange and pink and that a I dont know if my baby is girl or boy jet but I would like that you give me sugerency to both if you can please and if my baby is boy what match can i to use.

20. jenn s. says:

Hi Angelica –
    For a boy you could certainly use orange and blue – that’s a great combination as well!

For a “neutral” color theme that would work for a boy OR a girl – orange, white and lime green looks great together!

Or if you really love pink – you could use orange, pink AND blue – so that you’re covered either way. (Basically just add blue to the color palette pictured here).

Good luck! :)

21. Sonia says:

Hi I was wondering where I can find the runner.

22. ADRIANA says:

I was wondering where i can find the inviations and the celebrity babies game?

23. jenn s. says:

Adriana –

Just search for “celebrity baby name game” on google – lots of sites should come up!

For the invites – I’ll forward you comment to Amy and see if she can remember the website :)

24. Tabitha says:

Was wondering if you could tell me where to find runners similar to the ones used in this shower, or if you have an idea where i could find one similar….Your help is greatly appreciated!

25. M'khel says:

Hey, I’m just wondering, what size lanterns are these? I want to purchase but i want these sizes and I am not sure how large they are in inches!

26. jenn s. says:

Hi M’khel –
    The lantern sizes are 8″ & 10″. Lunabazaar.com is a great place to find them!

27. Carmen says:

Thanks so much for all of your inspiration!! Can you tell me where you found the pink and orange polka dot wrapping paper? I want something like it to wrap a box for cards for the pink, orange and brown baby shower that I am planning!

28. Rachna says:

What a great theme! I’m planning a shower for my sister-in-law. I absolutely love the idea of the “oh baby” wooden letters. I only could find plain wood letters without the mounted bottom. How did you mount them to the plank? Did they come like that? Where can I find them?

29. jenn s. says:

Hi Rachna –
    I’m not sure where Amy got these particular letters, but I do know that Michaels carries letters with holes in the bottom & planks/dowels for mounting just like this. That’s the first place I’d suggest looking if you happen to have a Michaels near you!

30. Rachna says:

Thanks Jenn!!!

31. Terri Smith says:

Could you please email me the Celebrity Baby game? Thank you in advance.

32. Desiree J. says:

Hi! Can you email the celebrity baby name game? Thanks so much!

33. Linda says:

Amy –

Do you have any ideas for a baby shower that’s pink, brown w/a splash of green?? Shower is on May 1st.

Thanks!!