05 Feb

REAL PARTIES: Oh Baby! Baby Shower

REAL PARTIES: Oh Baby! Baby Shower I recently stumbled upon a photo gallery of some super contemporary baby & bridal showers , and immediately had to find out who was behind all this creativity… Turns out the hostess behind it all is Amy Belle Isle from St Louis, Missouri – and from what I’ve gathered from her emails so far – she’s just as much fun as the parties she throws!

I’m excited to share one of Amy’s party designs with you today – the "Oh Baby!" Baby Shower . I love how she introduces this shower on her blog: "Q: Who says baby showers have to be pastels and lace? A: No modern girls I know! Treat your mom-to-be with a baby shower as hip as she is!"

REAL PARTIES: Oh Baby! Baby Shower The Inspiration: fabulous polka dot gift wrap from Michaels

Table Centerpieces & Party Decor: Chinese lanterns from lunabazaar.com , tall blumeboxes adorned with sequin trim from Michaels, small vases embellished with ribbon, decorative circles cut from polka dot gift wrap, wooden block letters painted orange and pink, acrylic pink pacifiers

REAL PARTIES: Oh Baby! Baby Shower Party Favors: DIY personalized paper weights made to match the invitations – with a message that says "The ‘weight’ for Baby Shockley is almost over ", fortune cookie-filled takeout boxes embellished with a sticker reading "Thank you for sharing in Ginger and Ron’s good fortune ".

Guest Packets: Each guest received a "guest packet" (a.k.a. cute embellished folder ) – that held 2 (non-cheesy) baby shower games, a stamped thank you card envelope to for guests to self-address, and a circle-shaped cardstock from Paper-Source for writing well-wishes and advice for mom-to-be.

Note: Sans the pacifiers and pregnant girl illustrations, this theme would work GREAT for a birthday party too!

——–
A little about Amy:
REAL PARTIES: Oh Baby! Baby Shower As the daughter of parents who owned Hallmark stores and "a mother who is the ultimate hostess", Amy likes to think that hosting events is in her blood. In addition to the showers and parties she puts on for friends, she recently started a party consulting business – Stem Parties – for patrons in the St. Louis area. Thanks so much for the inspiration, Amy!

43Comments

Lauren SAYS:

This is way way way too cute! Pink and orange is such a fantastic color combo!

Reply February 5, 2008 at 10:29 am

amy * stem * SAYS:

Girrrrrl, you make me look good. Thanks for the post! I love how you put it all together.

– Amy

Reply February 5, 2008 at 11:29 am

jess SAYS:

The sequin trim is great! I think I’ll do that for a bachelorette party I’m throwing but use black blumeboxes instead of brown. thanks!

Reply February 5, 2008 at 11:50 am

joanna dyckhoff SAYS:

super fabulous! thanks for the inspiration ladies!!!

Reply February 5, 2008 at 1:41 pm

A Bride in the Making SAYS:

Pink, Orange and Brown!! I love this combo!

Reply February 5, 2008 at 3:17 pm

ellen SAYS:

Oh, baby – is this ever CUTE! :)

Reply February 5, 2008 at 4:16 pm

Cara SAYS:

SUPER cute, but did I read correctly, they gave them the envelope for their thank you card to self address ?! That really doesn’t sit well with me, I mean I took the time to go out, shop, and spend money on the gift I think the list the shower honoree can do is address the thank you note, maybe I mis-understood ?

Reply February 6, 2008 at 9:44 am

hiphostess SAYS:

Hi Cara –
You did read correctly – and I understand your thinking – but this actually has been the norm at most of the showers I’ve attended recently too. I think the overall goal is to make things as easy as possible on mom-to-be, especially if there are a ton of guests.

Personally it hasn’t bothered me to address the envelope as a guest – since it still arrives with a hand-written note from mom inside :) But maybe a good alternative to this idea would be for the hostesses to take on the task of pre-addressing the envelopes for mom-to-be, since they should have the addresses from the invitations. Thanks for starting the discussion!

Reply February 6, 2008 at 9:57 am

amy * stem * SAYS:

Jenn,

Since the shower is really about making life easy for the new mom, pre-labeling for her is a great idea. I’m going to take credit for that.

Okay, not really…as far as you know. : )

– Amy

Reply February 6, 2008 at 10:09 am

gina SAYS:

Super cute! Love the color combo!

Reply February 11, 2008 at 11:49 am

atibbs SAYS:

Amy-
Really cute ideas..love it. can you tell me where you got the image of the pregnant girl to use and also what other pregnancy game did you play besides the celebrity baby game? What did you give for prizes?

thanks so much!!!

Amy

Reply March 20, 2008 at 7:22 am

amy * stem * SAYS:

atibbs –

Thanks!

Game – I played a pricing game because my BFF knows I love game shows like they are going out of style. There were just some basic baby items with a “fake” price on them. Guests had to write down if they thought the real price was higher or lower. Tie-breaker was whomever got closest to the actual price of a final item w/o going over. It’s an easy game that isn’t too cheesy and the mom gets some basic baby gear to get started.

Pregnant lady image – I actually got it from a girl I met on The Nest website. I’m sorry I don’t remember her name though.

Feel free to email me at stemparties at gmail.com if you have any more questions. Happy to help!

– Amy

Reply March 20, 2008 at 8:07 am

maria SAYS:

Where oh where did you find those adorable invites? Did you make or buy them?

Reply May 19, 2008 at 9:19 am

amy SAYS:

Maria –

Sorry for the delay. I just got back from vacation and Jenn alerted me you posted the question about the invites.

I made them but if you want to email me at stemparties@gmail.com I can give you more info and help.

Thanks,
Amy

Reply May 27, 2008 at 2:19 pm

Vaishali SAYS:

Wow what a fabulous idea. I am throwing a babyshower with the mod mom theme and the colors are pink and green I wish I saw this earlier because I love the pink and orange. Anyhow, I want to replicate the guest packets, where did you find the cute folders??? How did you decorate them? Also I believe someone else had also asked but where did you find the image of the pregant girl! Thanks for the great post!

Reply June 3, 2008 at 4:22 pm