Super Bowl “Playing Field” Centerpiece

modern mealtimeI just love this football-themed centerpiece idea from InStyle Parties – which by the way is probably my favorite book on entertaining ever. ;) The centerpiece is created from a flat of wheatgrass (available from florists for about $20) and miniature plastic football players and goal posts. So cute and not the least bit cheezy!

BTW – if you’re in the San Diego area – HWTM will be on Streetside San Diego this Friday with some more fun – and contemporary – food & decorating ideas for Playoff and Super Bowl parties :)

17 responses to “Super Bowl “Playing Field” Centerpiece”

1. amy * stem * says:

Oh My Stars On Ice that is great. I’m going today to buy green outdoor carpet to cover my table for the Super Bowl party (go Patriots….sorry, husband is from Boston)and yellow “penalty flag” cloth napkins for starters.

Hope to see more of your ideas online!

2. patricia says:

I love this idea!! so much better than those paper centerpieces from party supply stores!

3. teardrop says:

this is so cute!

4. hiphostess says:

Hi Amy – love the idea of the “penalty flag” cloth napkins! Thanks for sharing!

5. At Home with Kim Vallee says:

I agree! The InStyle Parties book is quite inspirational. It is more than two years old, but the themes usually still look up to date.

This centerpiece gave me a new outlook on the Super Bowl party. It is part of a tabletop mood board I created for the Big Game bash.

6. This is great! I had to feature it in my Super Bowl Party post- http://thesoireecafe.com/2010/01/19/super-bowl-party/

7. Dawn Morris says:

hi, love the idea!!! i’ve been trying to locate the same kind of metal planter that’s in the picture… but i’m having trouble finding it, does anyone know what they are called exactly or where i can find the same one?
    thx :)

8. jenn s. says:

Hi Dawn –
    That’s a galvanized planter/tray – and you can get them here:

but I also have seen similar versions at Home Depot before, so you might try there as well. Good luck! :)

9. Angel says:

I like it!

10. Lara says:

Keep track of all your parties with my book…
    My Festivity Files!!
    Check it out at myfestivityfiles.com

11. Check out some other cute Super Bowl Party ideas at my blog at http://www.1800flowers.com/julie. I agree, with a little imagine we can do so much better then a store bought paper centerpiece!

12. what a lovely idea for a super bowl gathering.

13. […] Image: Hostess with the Mostess Blog via In Style Parties […]

14. […] cute is this miniature football field centerpiece? View the tutorial on Hostess With the Mostess. Making miniature football goalposts is easy and fun to do…plus, they make a perfect Super […]