30 Jan

baby shower theme: modern nesting

baby shower theme: modern nesting If you’re on the lookout for some fun ideas for an upcoming baby shower – I recently wrote an article on how to throw a “modern nesting” baby shower for thecradle.com – and it went up on their site today! Click here to check it out :)

baby shower theme: modern nesting And I was browsing flickr this morning and stumbled on the most ridiculously cute baby shower cupcakes by Tam Mabley that happen to go perfectly with this theme! How adorable are these…

baby shower theme: modern nesting

Comments 31

jenn s.

POSTED BY

Founder & Creative Director see full profile

31Comments

denise SAYS:

this shower theme is so darn adorable – I can’t stand it. I now need to find someone who is pregnant so I can throw a shower for them

January 30, 2008 at 5:15 pm

renee SAYS:

SOOOO CUTE! I love the “modern birdhouse” ideas!

January 30, 2008 at 7:26 pm

Hollie SAYS:

Tamara makes the best cakes, shes going to make our wedding cake this summer!!!

January 30, 2008 at 9:13 pm

At Home with Kim Vallee SAYS:

The cupcakes are simply adorable. One of most interesting designs I am seen lately. Light blue, turquoise and chocolate always produce a winning combination.

January 30, 2008 at 9:18 pm

Kati SAYS:

Those cupcakes are so sweet and PERFECT for nesting. Loved the article!

January 31, 2008 at 6:31 am

amy * stem * SAYS:

Eeeek, cute. This was something I was going to do for a shower I’m doing in March, as my friend is using the birds in her nursery. Too bad I’m knee deep in my other theme b/c this is adorable! Cute as always – thanks for the links!

January 31, 2008 at 8:24 am

Bradley SAYS:

Really nice designs. A great shower gift that goes with the baby bird theme is a personalized sign with baby birds that accents the nursery décor. Personalized items are always special, and personalized artwork is something the baby won’t outgrow. Check out the “Peep” design on the “Products” page at http://www.mysweetandsour.com/ The artist is a mom.

January 31, 2008 at 11:06 am

SuzyQ SAYS:

I threw a baby shower for a friend very similar to this – it was themed “The Birds & The Bees” – I have a blog about all the decor and design we put into it – it was so much fun! Here is the link – http://babyshowerbliss.blogspot.com/

January 31, 2008 at 3:00 pm

hiphostess SAYS:

Bradley –
Love the signs – they really are super cute!

Suzy Q –
Such an adorable shower! So many cute details! Mind if I share some of them with readers?

Jenn :)

January 31, 2008 at 5:52 pm

SuzyQ SAYS:

No problem! I would be flattered actually!

January 31, 2008 at 6:24 pm

olivia SAYS:

I adore this idea! my friend’s shower isn’t until this summer but I think this would be perfect for her!!

February 1, 2008 at 3:21 pm

amber SAYS:

Do you have ESP?? I am planning a baby shower in this same bird theme as we speak! You just gave me the best ideas, love the nest cupcakes!

February 2, 2008 at 1:21 am

mydezine SAYS:

Another cute shower/baby gift idea that goes perfectly….a baby book in the birdie theme. Go to http://www.blurb.com/user/store/mydezine to preview.

February 2, 2008 at 6:47 pm

Ashley L. SAYS:

oh my goodness those are the cutest cupcakes i have ever seen! thank you for sharing… i feel inspired to go perfect my cupcake decorating skills! ;)

February 4, 2008 at 8:33 pm

My Sweet & Saucy SAYS:

These cupcakes are to dive for…I love the colors!

February 16, 2008 at 12:56 am

Debi SAYS:

Tamara,, please tell me what you used for the bird nest decorations on the cupcakes.

Thank you.

March 27, 2009 at 8:56 pm

Lisa SAYS:

What an adorable theme! I am having a shower for a friend this Saturday and I ordered these really cute invites from Ebay-without planning the theme behind it! Thanks to your ideas I am off and running and figured out ways to expand on the idea! Too cute!

May 12, 2009 at 2:28 pm

Megan SAYS:

I have to know who thinks they found the most adorable invitation to go with this absolutely adorable theme! Where is it? Not looking for something generic…something as special as the cupcakes…SO CUTE!

May 12, 2009 at 8:30 pm

jenn s. SAYS:

Hi Megan –
I actually really love the invite design that Lisa mentioned above:

And these designs are also super cute & affordable:

Please let us know if you find something extra special though!

May 13, 2009 at 6:11 am
Apologies, commenting is now disabled for this post.