I know that Christmas is still top-of-mind for everyone, but if you’re hosting a New Year’s Eve cocktail or dinner party, it’s a good idea to start planning now, or you won’t have much downtime to recover between the 2 celebrations!
New Year’s Eve parties are the perfect excuse to break out the glitz & glamour – but another thing that might need some time to recover from Christmas is your pocket book, so we put together a silvery-themed tabletop with this idea in mind, and kept all of the elements very affordable. All you need is some of that shimmery holiday garland (like the one here pictured from Target), silver charger plates (pick up a set of 12 at Linens-n-Things for only $19.99 ), a few oversize ball ornaments, silver gift wrap, rhinestone stickers, and small vases. Added bonus: most stores already have their holiday decór on sale – and after December 25th everything should be on clearance!
- Create a table runner from the silver gift wrap. (the "runner" pictured here is actuall part of an inexpensive curtain panel from IKEA)
- Decorate the ball ornaments with rhinestone stickers that have a holiday feel – like these snowflake icons – or you can also use word stickers such as "celebrate", "cheers", etc. Lots of ideas available here .
- Place the ornaments on small cylinder or bud vases. If your vases are clear, fill them with glass or acrylic vase gems. Use different heights of vases to keep the centerpiece from looking flat. We placed one of our vases on an upside-down bowl to make it taller (the bowl is covered by the garland), and the shortest vase is actually a double-shot glass!) 3 ornament/vases are pictured here, but you can use as many as you like ! If you have a long table, 5 or more would look amazing!
- Wind the garland all around the centerpiece and down the length of the table. Cut small pieces from a 2nd garland to use as napkin rings and cocktail stem embellishments . (Glasses decorated like this also look really cute grouped together for a signature drink display.)
- Place your garland-wrapped napkins on the silver chargers (with or without plates) – and done!