Christmas / Cocktails 12.18.07

Inspired Holidays from Vons

I stumbled on some wonderful holiday inspiration in the most unexpected place the other day – my grocery store’s website! I was trying to figure out if something I needed was sold at a regular grocery store, so I went to the VONS website, spotted a little section called “Inspired Holidays“, clicked on it, and was greeted by a bunch of fantastic (and doable!) holiday projects and recipes! Here are a few favorites:

vons holiday 2007{pictured above} adorable Joyful Orange Bowls, Fragrant Cloved Oranges, and Holiday “Sushi” Candy (made from powdered donuts, twinkies, fruit roll-ups, jelly fish, etc.)

vons holiday 2007{pictured above} Festive Candy Ornaments and Fa-la-la-la Fruit Bouquet

vons holiday 2007{clockwise from top left} Festive holiday cocktails: Hot Gingered Pear-Wine Cider, Sparkling Cranberry Punch, Pomegranate Margaritas, and Candy Cane Hot Chocolate (yum!). Visit the Vons Holiday section and click on “Wine & Spirits” to get the full recipes!

9 responses to “Inspired Holidays from Vons”

1. wendy says:

this is great! the motherload of holiday inspiration!

2. beverly says:

The joyful orange bowls are TOO CUTE!

3. Risa says:

The candy sushi is darling! My niece will love that project! (and I’ll be destined to remain the favorite auntie!)

4. Ang says:

Oh goodness! I am having a brunch at my house on Saturday, and am totally going to try to make the fruit bouquet!!

5. Anonymous says:

the candy cane hot chocolate looks DE-LISH!

6. magazine favs says:

i loved the candied sushi, however, i book marked the page and now it comes up to a different webpage, any idea of the how i can get the recipe or ingredients again

7. hiphostess says:

hi magazine favs –

What a bummer that they took the holiday site down! I can’t believe it’s not archived somewhere on the site – I looked but can’t find it. The old URL looks like it forwards to the website of the company that had designed the holiday site for them.

Anyways, I WAS able to find a cached page on google. The images aren’t there, but the text still is, thank goodness! Here’s what it said:

* Bakery pound cake
    * Powdered mini donuts
    * Marshmallows
    * Fruit Streamers
    * Fruit Roll-Ups
    * Safeway Fruit Snacks
    * Swedish Fish

Cut pound cake and mini donuts into sushi-sized pieces. Separate Streamers and make into a “roll.”

Wrap with Fruit Roll-Ups. Top with Fruit Snacks and Swedish Fish.

Hope that helps!

8. hiphostess says:

oh – and you might also like these sushi shaped cookies :)

9. magazine favs says:

Thanks a million, I checked out your website too! It looks great!