san diego fire update

Hi Everyone –
Sincere apologies for the lack of regular posts the past couple days. We got evacuated from our house yesterday afternoon because of the fires and went to stay with friends that lived in a different area of San Diego, then got evacuated AGAIN from that area and are now in our third location. (I’m borrowing a friend’s laptop to post this message real quick.) Not sure how much of this is showing up on national news, but it’s pretty crazy down here – and in Malibu, San Bernadino, and several other areas of Southern California. So far there have been over 300,000 mandatory evacuations!

Anyways, hopefully things will be back to normal soon and that includes posting on happier things too! Thanks so much for your patience…and for all the kind comments and emails…

Talk soon,

22 responses to “san diego fire update”

1. Jane Maynard says:

we’ll be thinking of you guys – hang in there! what a absolutely crazy couple of days here in san diego. so sad, frustrating…hopefully you’ll be home again soon.

2. Anonymous says:

Oh wow I’m so sorry!

3. Melissa DiStefano says:

Awwwe Jenn! I am so sorry! I wish I lived closer (then Florida) you could come and bunk with us! I’ll be praying for you!

4. trish says:

being from california originally, i understand too well what is going on. it is so dry there and those santa anas make any fire out of control. it seems that every year there are wild fires. good luck to you and stay safe.

5. Freya says:

I’ve been thinking about you and my other friends down in the area. I’m up in Temecula, watching the fires and hoping it doesn’t move to much further north. Hopefully everything dies down soon enough and you’re able to return home.

6. Anonymous says:

Best of luck to you with everything. I live in LA and have been following the updates. Stay safe! -Diana H.

7. bridalwishlist says:

hang in there. stay safe.

8. Nanette says:

Stay safe!

9. Bridgett says:

Praying for you and all evacuees.

10. 12fifteen says:

Hope all is going to work out for you, your family and friends! You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    stay well

11. Anonymous says:

I hope that it is all over soon and your back home safe and sound. I’m praying for rain. -Liz

12. Merrilee Diaz says:

I’ve been following this on the news. I can’t imagine how scary it is to be so nearby. Prayer are with you…

13. [email protected] says:

Stay STRONG and stay safe. I know it must be hard.

14. Anna Bella Stationery says:

Sending good thoughts your way and praying for rain!!

15. Laura says:

Jenn, I’ve been watching on the news each day thinking how crazy it must feel in So. California at the moment. You and all its residents are definitely in my prayers. All best wishes.

16. Kim Cooley says:

Let us know how we can help! Seriously, anything you guys need now or later, let us know.

Your blog is part of my morning reading because you are the Hostess w/ the mostess (and I need all the help I can get and) – we love sharing your ideas with our brides and other clients. I know with even this situation, you will shine thru with brave colors that will amaze but please know there are fans out there who want to be of assistance in anyway we can.

We are doing rain dances for ya’ll.
    Stay safe,
    Carpe Vita Photography
    Dallas, Texas

17. Caroline B says:

Not only is it showing up on national news in the US, but I’m in Australia and it’s being covered by our news services here. We regularly have fires like this down our way and my heart goes out to all of those affected in California. Stay safe!

18. Beulah Sorensen says:

Sending best wishes for safety for you and your friends.

19. R says:

I’m in one of those other areas. Thankfully we weren’t evacuated and the worst seems to be over. Sending good thoughts your way.

20. One Chic Mama says:

Goodness, Jenn, I’ve been watching it on the news and it seems pretty scary. We’ll be thinking about you and hoping for some rain out that way to drench the fire. Take good care of yourselves.