sunny celebration

Style Me Pretty recently posted a beautiful yellow wedding inspiration board that reminded me of a fun & bright yellow daisy shower from This sunny theme would work beautifully for a baby shower, bridal shower, or even an anytime brunch or birthday celebration. The first image below shows some pictures from the daisy shower – and the 2nd shows some product finds that I think would compliment this theme well….

Yellow Baby Shower

Yellow Baby Shower {pictured above, clockwise from top left } yellow spot paper plates and napkins , Lorina sparkling lemonade , homemade lemonade garnished with lemon slices, and petite fleur yellow pails

And some pretty party dress ideas for the hostess with the mostess or guest of honor…

Yellow Baby Shower Betsy Johnson Starfish Dress from Urban Outfitters and Y-yigal daffodil bubble dress from Bluefly {via style me pretty } .

13 responses to “sunny celebration”

1. Holly says:

so beautiful!

2. yvonne says:

everything looks so bright and inviting…wish I was at a yellow party right now!

3. Kelly Mahoney says:

Those dresses are adorable! I’d love to have a cupcake tower, they look so fun. But where does one get the actual tower without spending the same amount on it as the cupcakes? I know there has to be an easier way.

4. Blue Orchid Designs says:

I am totally loving all the yellow this week!

5. greengelato says:

super cute!

do you know of any blogs that focus on recipes for big-group entertaining?

6. franki durbin says:

Jennifer, you normally don’t have me running to Bluefly for dresses. don’t you know my resistance is low after a long workweek? ;)

7. Anonymous says:

Love the Betsy Johnson Starfish dress but not all of us have $370 to spend on one outfit!

8. hiphostess says:

I know – it’s seems crazy how much things cost sometimes. I don’t think I could personally justify spending $370 on even 2 dresses at this point, really…but maybe this one will go on clearance soon since summer is winding down. at least that’s always the dream, right?! ;)

9. hiphostess says:

hi Margaret (a.k.a. “greengelato”) –
    I don’t know of any websites off the top of my head that focus on big group entertaining, but here’s a GREAT book that might be able to help you out: do it for less parties.

This book has tons of great recipes and theme ideas – and shows the breakdown of every recipe to feed 12, 25, 50 or 75 people – so that you don’t have to do the math yourself :) There’s also fantastic photography and creative decorating ideas. Definitely a great party read :)

10. Houses, Couches and Babies says:

So cute! I wish I were that daring to go yellow for a wedding. If only we could have several weddings…with the same spouse, of course!

11. heather says:

help!!! where would i be able to buy/find disposable cupcake tiers like the one featured in the photo?

i’m located in los angeles, any one with recommendations would be awesome!!!

12. jenn s. says:

Heather –
    You can get them at Michael’s! They sell them in sets or individual pieces so you can get as many as you need :)

13. Hannah says:

Im making my own grade 8 grad dress. Any ideas?