04 Jun

REAL PARTIES: Pink Bridal Shower

This beautiful “Pink” bridal shower was thrown by hip hostess Margaret Lee of the greengelato blog. Margaret did a great job on this pink-themed outdoor brunch, which – among other things – featured lots of tissue pomanders, gorgeous bunches of roses in varying shades of pink, an amazing food display complete with little marker flags, pink drinks, and adorable polka-dotted japanese sugar cups!

REAL PARTIES: Pink Bridal Shower

REAL PARTIES: Pink Bridal Shower Another great thing about this shower? It was very budget-conscious! The cute little sugar cups and wrapping paper were from a Japanese 99-cent store and the tissue pomanders, flower arrangements, and food were all home-made. Shows that you don’t have to spend a fortune to make it look like you did! Click here for even more images and details about the shower…and kudos to Margaret and everyone else who helped host it!

Comments 16

jenn s.

POSTED BY

Founder & Creative Director see full profile

16Comments

susan SAYS:

so pretty! Love the pink! love this “real parties” idea too!!

Reply June 4, 2007 at 1:55 pm

Anonymous SAYS:

the little sugar cups are too cute!!

Reply June 4, 2007 at 2:07 pm

jamiehdesigns SAYS:

I LOVE the idea of having “real life” parties section!

Reply June 4, 2007 at 4:47 pm

Neena SAYS:

A beautiful shower on a budget – I love it! I appreciate things that are practical so much more than things that are over the top.

Reply June 4, 2007 at 5:25 pm

waisze SAYS:

I would love to have this for a bridal shower. Definitely inspiring.

Reply June 4, 2007 at 8:41 pm

Jessica SAYS:

I am so glad you posted this! I loved greengelato’s Knot bio, so finding out she has a blog is exciting!

Reply June 5, 2007 at 7:18 am

LeeAnn SAYS:

I love the “real party” ideas page a lot! I love getting entertaining ideas!

Reply June 5, 2007 at 1:34 pm

studio wellspring SAYS:

how can i add to the “real parties” section with images & info from parties i’ve hosted?

Reply June 5, 2007 at 1:47 pm

hiphostess SAYS:

studio wellspring –
You can email a couple sample party images (web-resolution) or a URL where your images can be viewed to info@hwtm.com with “real parties” in the subject – and we can check them out and see if it will be a good fit!

Reply June 6, 2007 at 10:42 am

Huckleberry Karen SAYS:

I just saw an awesome bridal shower! You must check it out – I think this could be your next “Real-Life” party!

SHe is a photographer (an excellent one) based out of Northern California – and she’s getting married in Sept. Anyway – I think her pics will say it all!

Reply June 7, 2007 at 6:56 pm

hiphostess SAYS:

Hi Karen –

Thanks for the tip! I checked out the shower you were talking about – WOW! It’s absolutely gorgeous! Looks like a wedding :) I’ll definitely be getting in touch with her!

Thanks again,
Jenn :)

Reply June 7, 2007 at 9:12 pm

Huckleberry Karen SAYS:

It’s crazy! At first I thought it was a wedding or Rehearsal Dinner. It’s great to have such loving/creative friends. I also emailed Jennifer (the bride) about your blog so hopefully she will contact you as well! She’s a busy lady though…

Love your blog!

Karen

Reply June 8, 2007 at 9:32 am

tia SAYS:

i love the paper-made flowers. is there anyway you can tell me how you did those or how they can be made? i am throwing a bridal shower for my best friend and would love to add those to the decoration.

thank you!

Reply January 4, 2009 at 5:02 pm

jenn s. SAYS:

Hi Tia –

Here’s a step by step tutorial for you:

Martha Stewart actually has tissue pom-pom kits that you can buy in her section at Michaels craft stores too. She used to sell the pink ones online, but looks like they’re sold out now. The yellow ones are still available though:

The tutorial above will give you the same thing as the kit though, so you can create any color you want. Happy decorating! :)

Reply January 6, 2009 at 11:43 am

Kori Kinkel SAYS:

I am co hosting a shower for my sister in law who loves breakfast and pink. How did you make the pink poms or where did you find them?

Reply February 3, 2009 at 8:59 am