Mesü bowlsI was watching The Big Idea with Donny Deutch this past Monday and saw a great interview with Jen Panepinto – creator of the Mesü bowls – an ingeniuos little set of porcelain bowls that make portion-control much easier and way more stylish! Instead of measuring your food into a measuring cup and then pouring in into another dish, the Mesü bowls pull double-duty as both your measuring tool and serving dish. Modern minimalist-style graphics denote the serving size of each dish – from 1/2 to 2 cups – so just pick the graphic that denotes the serving size you need, fill, and eat! $49.95/set of 6 nesting bowls or $16.95/set of 2 “singles” at studiopanepinto.com.

Mesü bowls

Comments 8

jenn s.

POSTED BY

Founder & Creative Director see full profile

8Comments

reese SAYS:

I’ve seen these before somewhere – such a cool idea!

Reply June 27, 2007 at 10:52 am

Melissa SAYS:

I saw that girl speak at a design conference a few years ago! She was there with the girl that designed the Target medicine bottles. Those were two pretty great senior projects!!

Reply June 27, 2007 at 11:21 am

Sion SAYS:

Wow — what a great idea, and cute too!

Reply June 27, 2007 at 11:51 am

Cathy SAYS:

Thank you for sharing the link. I have seen these before but decided I really did need to purchase a set. My son is Type 1 diabetic and these will really help in the morning with his cereal. This will be a great visual when helping him determine how much insulin to give himself. Thanks so much! P.S. I guess I could use them also for dieting. grin

Reply June 27, 2007 at 4:10 pm

Kelly Mahoney SAYS:

That is a really cool idea. Then you can have portion control without the obsessiveness of measuring everything you eat.

Reply June 28, 2007 at 8:45 am

Claire SAYS:

I’ve been looking all over the web for these bowls – and CANNOT FIND THEM! even the designers website and office phone number have shut down all of a sudden. does anyone know what happened to them?

Reply November 19, 2007 at 2:42 pm

Donna SAYS:

Are they in stores or can you only buy them on line? Saw them on TV and loved the whole cocept. I think I need them.

Reply July 29, 2008 at 2:24 pm

jenn s. SAYS:

Hi Donna –
You should be able to buy them online – they’re not available on the studio panepinto website anymore – looks like it’s down now – but I googled them and found them here:

hope that helps!