If you’re on the lookout for July 4th decorating ideas – here’s a super quick & easy easy idea for a festive & modern star-themed centerpiece. You’ll need the following:
• foam stars: 4"-5" or larger (available at Michael’s or other craft supply stores)
• giant star craft punch (we used a 2.25" size)
• memo clips ($1.95 each at crate and barrel)
• decorative paper with modern red, white & blue patterns (the paper used here is gift wrap by snow & graham and available at luxepaperie.com )
Putting it together:
(This literally took less than 10 minutes to put together -without rushing!)
• punch stars out of your decorative paper (I reduced the gift wrap paper on the computer and printed it out at a smaller size so more of the detail would be captured in the stars, but this is an optional step.)
• affix the paper stars to the center of the foam stars with glue, double-stick tape, or mini pop dots to add a little more dimension
• insert the stars into the memo clips and line them up in a straight or staggered row. Flip a couple of clear glasses upside down to add height to the centerpiece, and you’re done!
**We used 5 stars here, but you can really make the centerpiece as long as you like! Line up 10 or more for a really dramatic display – and you can even use varying sizes of glasses to add different levels!**
You can also use the foam stars as super cute and inexpensive drink coasters! And for an extra "wow" factor – create a table runner from the same scrapbook paper or gift wrap used for the paper stars. This ties the table together and increases the festive factor :)
**The red and blue melamine plates and cute polka-dotted straws also pictured here were all purchased in-store at Target . Have lots of people to feed? For a more inexpensive option just pick up disposable red and blue plates from your local party supply. White napkins from Vanity Fair are available at your local grocery store.