graduation party centerpiece idea

Martha Stewart Book Stack This crafty home decor idea from Martha Stewart arrived in my inbox yesterday – and it immediately looked like the perfect concept for a graduation party centerpiece! You could even recover the stacked books with cool, modern gift wrap in various prints & colors to coordinate with your party’s color scheme – and then decorate the sides with designs and the guest of honor’s name using rubber stamps like they’ve shown here. If you really want to get into the "school" theme – try recovering the books "high school style" with brown paper bags or kraft paper and ink-pen doodles (you know – the kind you used to draw when you were really supposed to be paying attention in class!).

For a thoughtful touch, designate one special keepsake book and ask party guests to sign messages to the graduate on it "yearbook-style" (on the outside and inside covers). If you use a photo album as the covered keepsake "book" – you can even fill the album at a later date with actual pictures from the party!

{image from marthastewart.com}

13 responses to “graduation party centerpiece idea”

1. Delaney Gates says:

Oh, what a genius idea! Thanks for posting it!

2. Monogram Momma says:

This is a great idea for graduation centerpiece! And I agree about covering the books too. I have done that to a few books in my built-ins and I really love it! One of these days I’ll get around to doing it to all of them though

3. Jennifer Ramos says:

saw this on martha stewart mag yesterday while stamding in line at the checkout….very cute.

4. oh amanda says:

I am totally going to do that!

5. ** Terramia ** says:

Great for book loaning or sentimental gifts. Very clever…

6. Lee says:

What would you cover them with so they look nice?

7. Meg says:

I want to do this for my sister’s graduation party from college. Where can I find fun paper to cover this with? Michaels only has scrapbooking paper and the sizes won’t work and designs are limited.

• Ursula says:

Hi Meg, im hosting my sisters surprise graduation party next week. How did your party go for your sis? Any tips/ideas?

thanks a bunch

8. jenn s. says:

Hi Meg –
    I love to use wrapping paper for things like this! Try The Container Store, LuxePaperie.com and WhimsyPress.com for lots of fun patterns :)

9. […] Party Centerpiece – This one comes from the Hostess With the Mostess Blog and is a wonderful and easy centerpiece idea. Here’s what you do: Recover a stack of books […]

10. […] (Photo and idea from here) […]