Keep reading for detailed instructions on how to recreate the "Modern Romance" tabletop design shown here – and tips on where to find the things you’ll need!
1. Start with a palette of black and white dishes, linens, and accessories. Keep the setting primarily black and white with bold splashes of red. If possible, incorporate some unique dishware – such as the shimmery black charges and lotus-shaped bowls shown here. (Since you only need 2 of each item for your "dinner for two", it’s a good opportunity to splurge some creative dishes!)
2. For the centerpiece, find a few vases and pillar candle holders with unique shapes and clean product lines. Fill one of the vases with red berry spray (available at craft stores). Embellish the vases and candleholders with a some bold, eye-catching details – such as the patterned gift wrap and ribbon shown here – introduced in very small amounts to keep the design from getting overly busy.
3. Up the romance & glamour factors with a little sparkle – glittery candles and ready-made rhinestone stickers (with clear adhesive backings) are a great way to accomplish this. To make this design a little more "Valentine’s" – embellish one of your vases with a heart shaped rhinestone motif.
4. Tie everything together and fill empty space with 4 or more tealights (clear holders with red tealights pictured here) and decorative black rocks.
Resources for products used in this design:
1. 12.5" White Chinois Vase – Z Gallerie
2. Mod Red Candleholders – Z Gallerie (in-store only)
3. Red Bubble Vase – Target (in-store only)
4. Black Lotus Bowls – Pier 1
5. Black Charger Plates – Pier 1 (in-store only)
6. Square Wire Napking Rings – Pier 1
7. Red Napkins – Macy’s or Target
8. Lace Noir Gift Wrap – The Container Store
9. Rhinestone Heart Icons – Scrapbooking Warehouse (online) or The Container Store (in-store only)
10. Clear Tealight Holders – Crate and Barrel / Target
11. Red Tealights – Target