The STAR Martini:
• Start with a classic Blue Curacao Martini:
– 3 oz vodka
– 1/2 oz Blue Curacao liqueur
– Dash of Angostura Bitters®
• Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker, add ice, and shake well.
• Strain the cocktail into a clear or blue martini glass rimmed with red cocktail rimming sugar.
• For the star garnish, take a red delicious apple, turn sideways, and slice into thin circular disks. Be sure to leave the skin on so you get the red color in your drink! Cut 5 triangles out of the apple disks to create a star shape. Strain the cocktail into the glass, the float the “star” on top. Adorable!
Ameri-Cran (can be made as a cocktail or “mocktail”)
• Cocktail version:Vodka Cranberry
– Mix 1 oz Vodka with 4 oz Cranberry and a splash of club soda
• Mocktail version: Cranberry Punch
– Mix one 4 oz Cranberry with 4 oz 7up® or Sprite®
• Garnish for both:
Take a bamoo skewer and trim down so it’s about 1.5″ taller than your cocktail glass. Thread cranberries and blueberries onto the skewer, alternating one of each color until you have a row of red and blue berries! Put the berry stick into the glass and voila! Another fun patriotic drink!
Independence Day Shooter:
– 1/3 oz Blue Curacao
– 1/3 oz Grenadine
– 1/3 oz Peach Schnapps
• Float each liquid one on top of the other into a chilled shot glass so they appear as red, white and blue “stripes”. Serve immediately to avoid mixing!