The phrase “truly spectacular party” was mentioned to me in a recent email, and even though that email was totally unrelated to this post, that phrase is all I could think about while working on it…
Patty Smith of Sweet Treat Stands definitely didn’t miss a beat with this first birthday party for her youngest son, Sawyer, starting with the oh-so-fitting theme of “The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Fin“. And from the incredibly artistic woodworking details to the storybook-inspired sweets and gorgeous outdoor location (that tree!!), what a creative adventure this party is… I mean, there’s even a little Tom & Huck sculpture made out of book pages! I’m pretty sure even Mark Twain would be impressed. ;)
Kudos to Wendhy Jeffers Photography as well, who did an amazing job capturing all the creativity and warmth in this celebration on camera.
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Colorful Tom Sawyer tier cake, cleverly displayed on a super cool “wooden raft” cake stand
– Homemade trifles in mason jars + a grapevine wreath chandelier with distressed mason jars
– Incredible Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn “Book Sculpture” & Wooden Clothespin Dolls
– Personalized wooden hearts on the straws + beautiful custom birch wood sign
– Tom Sawyer inspired overalls on the birthday boy + an overalls piñata hanging from the tree!